Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Megaword question  (Read 10946 times)

Mr. Armadillo

Wheel of Fortune Megaword question
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »
But if I pay more for my hotel rooms, doesn't that mean I won't have any bedbugs?

J.R.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
It always amuses me whenever someone uploads a video to a place that's not YouTube. Do they honestly think they're more "safe" because it isn't as popular? Do they think they're fostering some sort of "underground/subversive" movement?
-Joe Raygor

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »
It always amuses me whenever someone uploads a video to a place that's not YouTube. Do they honestly think they're more "safe" because it isn't as popular? Do they think they're fostering some sort of "underground/subversive" movement?
Honestly, there might be more to that line of thought than you believe.  At least the "safe because it isn't as popular" part.  I routinely see things on Dailymotion that wouldn't last an hour on YouTube.  Aggressive copyright defenders are going to go looking in those places too, but not everybody is equally aggressive, and it's simply true that YouTube's standards are more restrictive than other sites.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
Honestly, there might be more to that line of thought than you believe.  At least the "safe because it isn't as popular" part.  I routinely see things on Dailymotion that wouldn't last an hour on YouTube.  Aggressive copyright defenders are going to go looking in those places too, but not everybody is equally aggressive, and it's simply true that YouTube's standards are more restrictive than other sites.

Dailymotion, Veoh, and Vimeo apparently are the three biggest video sharing sites for people who get dinged for copyright on YouTube- at least if my observations have told me anything. Although I think at least Veoh is starting to get a little more vigilant with stuff like that (or is it Vimeo? not sure).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022