Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TNT's "The Great Escape"  (Read 1503 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer
TNT's "The Great Escape"
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:27:41 AM »
An ad popped up in a game on my phone for TNT's The Great Escape -- from the creators of The Amazing Race and whatnot.

http://thegreatescape.tntdrama.com/

I watched the Alcatraz episode online tonight (you need to have credentials from a participating cable/satellite company, unfortunately) and I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot.  Sure, it's not a traditional quizzer, but it was a fun competition show with good pacing, and a surprisingly large payday for the winning team.

For some reason it reminded me a lot of the short-lived Take the Money and Run reality/competition show -- it looks like there's at least one name common to both shows in the credits, so perhaps that's the reason.

According to the Wiki article, TNT has ordered ten episodes.  (Note: the Wiki article spoils the outcomes of the aired episodes.)

Has anyone else watched the show?  Thoughts?

(Only slightly related, I got a chuckle out of the text that Google put on the map of Alcatraz when I did a Google search to check my spelling.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:36:34 AM by knagl »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TNT's "The Great Escape"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
WTF Google? :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

mmb5

TNT's "The Great Escape"
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:54 AM »
It's also on Demand on DirecTV, so some others may have it as well.  Unfortunately I will not be able to watch it in its normal time slot, since the best TV show in history begins its season at the same time slot next week.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

TNT's "The Great Escape"
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
Is that anything like the show Bill Cullen hosted for Showtime in the early '80s?  SCTV

Tried to insert link, but failed.  Go to YouTube and search for SCTV Great Escape.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:40:33 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gameshowcrazy

TNT's "The Great Escape"
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Google is also great for learning those "residential apartments" are for those employed on the island.