Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stewart's Second  (Read 7857 times)

Jay Temple

Stewart's Second
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
I think more celebrities than contestants work in that game, because at least they could be on often enough to develop the skill, and/or have a natural knack for improvising.
Related to that: ISTR that for the first week or so, one loss sent a team home. There's no doubt that the change improved the game play.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Stewart's Second
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
Related to that: ISTR that for the first week or so, one loss sent a team home. There's no doubt that the change improved the game play.
I remember it being longer, and Wiki is saying the first four weeks had that format.

-Jason
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:38:32 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TimK2003

Stewart's Second
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »
When I got a ToaM episode in a trade, it took me a while to figure out all the rules (the bidding process, how was a $ amount determined, where & when you can call on a box/column,...).  That said, despite all of the initial confusion, I have it as my 2nd favorite Stewart show, followed by Chain Reaction.

That Don Guy

Stewart's Second
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
Lin Bolen listened to focus groups who didn't like riddles -- and perhaps as a side effect, the show got really cheap (the Super Jackpot maximum went from $50,000 to $10,000).

(Source: Game Show Utopia.)
Keep in mind that it became much easier to win the Super Jackpot (whoever found the Jackpot riddle had to answer all of the remaining riddles - even if it was just one (you couldn't win the Super Jackpot if the Jackpot riddle was the last one uncovered) - to win it).  Of course, they "balanced" that with the rule where, if somebody went for the Super Jackpot, the Jackpot went back down to zero, win or lose.