Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Holy Grail of game show episodes or footage  (Read 54957 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Your Holy Grail of game show episodes or footage
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »
The entire run of $10,000 and $20,000 Pyramid that is it for me
That's not a grail, that's a goddamn swimming pool.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
Video: NBC's Match Game with James Brown as a celebrity captain.

Audio: The Money Maze music package.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
Oh, it be PROOF ye wantin', eh, lad?
Not to threadjack, but which edition is this?
It's a bound Iowa edition.  I have mostly bound editions from the late 50s through 1967 or so that I use as reference for stuff just like this.

I'll see your threadjack and raise it a crass commercial message.  If anybody wants to come get them, I'm selling a lot of others.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
Matt, If you don't get a buyer, I am interested even though I already have them (I'm in Saginaw).  Whatever you do, don't toss them.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »
Interesting that it's an Iowa edition.  There are some editions from the '60s that are much easier to find than others.  I've got a number of Iowa editions from the same era.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
While we're on the subject of vintage Jeopardy!, here's another addition to my list:

The weekly 1974-1975 syndicated edition. Seeing that one photo on TVparty makes me interested in seeing it. It seems Art Fleming was dressed in a tuxedo for that version.

I also wonder what is known about the production information. Was it bicycled? Were all 39 episodes taped before the 1/3/75 daytime finale? Was it really costly putting up the special lights for this edition?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:21:11 PM by gameshowlover87 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
Oh, it be PROOF ye wantin', eh, lad?
Not to threadjack, but which edition is this?
It's a bound Iowa edition.  I have mostly bound editions from the late 50s through 1967 or so that I use as reference for stuff just like this.

I'll see your threadjack and raise it a crass commercial message.  If anybody wants to come get them, I'm selling a lot of others.

I think you could consider that a holy grail...of sorts. ;)

(fourteen boxes full of old TV Guides...I am suddenly curious as to what shipping might have been and how you would have shipped them, Matt.)

Does anybody know if the original syndicated Jeopardy! was tossed aside or not? Because I would just have to see one episode to prove whether or not Art Fleming's gaudy wardrobe existed or not.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »
(fourteen boxes full of old TV Guides...I am suddenly curious as to what shipping might have been and how you would have shipped them, Matt.)
Didn't even bother to try.  I know how much shipping is for boxes of empty DVD cases, and these are SO much heavier.  Easily hundreds of dollars.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »
Matt, If you don't get a buyer, I am interested even though I already have them (I'm in Saginaw).  Whatever you do, don't toss them.
Ditto.  I've been meaning to make a Michigan trip anyway.  (We're going to New Buffalo this weekend.)

As for wants, I was always a huge fan of The Money Maze, and would love to see a few episodes of the regular series.  I was 12 when it aired, so most of what's on my web page (which has since moved onto other pages) is taken as gospel.  The format of the series was nothing like the pilot (it seemed to have worked a lot better), so it would be nice to check it out.  But I guess I blew that chance by not being at home the night Nick Clooney called (I am not kidding).

trainman

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
Interesting that it's an Iowa edition.  There are some editions from the '60s that are much easier to find than others.  I've got a number of Iowa editions from the same era.

Lots of room to store TV Guides in those big Iowa basements.
trainman is a man of trains

tvwxman

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »
Ditto.  I've been meaning to make a Michigan trip anyway.  (We're going to New Buffalo this weekend.)

As for wants, I was always a huge fan of The Money Maze, and would love to see a few episodes of the regular series.  I was 12 when it aired, so most of what's on my web page (which has since moved onto other pages) is taken as gospel.  The format of the series was nothing like the pilot (it seemed to have worked a lot better), so it would be nice to check it out.  But I guess I blew that chance by not being at home the night Nick Clooney called (I am not kidding).
The series was much better than the pilot. Check out the museum of Tv/radio in NYC - they have a copy, along with High Rollers from 74. Good stuff.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
Might I add "Baffle" and "The Big Showdown",  preferably one with a $10,000 win.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jay Temple

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »
This doesn't even top my Pyramid list, but I'd still consider it a huge find if someone located the first $20,000 win.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »
Two early Heatter-Quigley efforts: Celebrity Game and People Will Talk. Also interesting would be Your First Impression and Your Surprise Package.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:39:06 AM by chris319 »

snowpeck

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »
The couple of episodes of The Celebrity Game circulating aren't bad... but the Hollywood Squares magic is definitely missing.  My personal holy grails would be an episode of Wheel of Fortune with the "Buy a Vowel" space (just to see how stupid it really was) and an episode from the original What's My Line in color.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)