Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Holy Grail of game show episodes or footage  (Read 54929 times)

calliaume

Your Holy Grail of game show episodes or footage
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
I think that Moneymaze titling issue was resolved after seeing the images from Getty Images, from that SOTC '69 topic. Here's the pictures.

This may be from another pilot.  Nick had a perm during the series run.

JMFabiano

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »
Just to follow-up on Don's post...yes, Beat the Clock with Gene Wood should be an easy find as GSN ran it for quite a while.  

Yes, I don't think it was rarely run...before the Dark Period in 1997, Wood BTC was seen at 6 am just before Perry Card Sharks.  I think Narz BTC was seen on weekends then, and that came back in 1998.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
Which leads me to the question of why were the Joker's Wild episodes deemed worthwhile? Don't get me wrong... I'm glad they were... but GSN already had 9 years worth of the syndicated run (some of which they never aired) and did practically zero promotion for the CBS episodes

You're right about that!  The only way we knew that the CBS episodes were going to be run was on their online schedule, and it stated "first CBS episode from 1972!"  I don't recall seeing any on-air promo for it at all.

I'm glad they treated us to those CBS episodes - I only regret that they didn't air them for longer.  Granted, the first season probably did seem kind of slow, but if they had jumped ahead to a later part of the CBS run, it wasn't that much different from the syndie version.  I would have loved to have seen the '74-75 CBS season again, which they had all along.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jamey Greek

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2012, 01:36:06 AM »
I'd love to see some episodes of Woolery WOF with Trebek subbing.

HYHYBT

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:23 AM »
I know this is an odd choice, but given that several people have listed themes rather than episodes... I'd like (all, why not) the music from LMAD90 and TTD90.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

SamJ93

« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
Lots of stuff covered here already, but I'll toss in one more I haven't seen...any Jack Narz or Monty Hall episodes of "Video Village," besides the Red Rowe-hosted one that's been on the trading circuit for a while.  I know Jaime Locklin had a brief clip of a Hall ep. on his old Page O'Clips site...hoping there's more where that came from.  A product of its time, certainly, but also a lot of fun, and the "human board game" concept is a woefully underused one in American game shows.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
A product of its time, certainly, but also a lot of fun, and the "human board game" concept is a woefully underused one in American game shows.
I thought Peer Pressure was completely woeful.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
At first I read this as "completely wonderful" and was going to ask you to pass over that phat blunt you must have been smoking once you finished the current toke.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2012, 03:08:44 PM »
Lots of stuff covered here already, but I'll toss in one more I haven't seen...any Jack Narz or Monty Hall episodes of "Video Village," besides the Red Rowe-hosted one that's been on the trading circuit for a while.
I know one Narz show is out there, and two Hall (the 500th show and an episode of the children's version, both with slates).

A product of its time, certainly, but also a lot of fun, and the "human board game" concept is a woefully underused one in American game shows.
Can't say I disagree. Worked out well for Video Village, as well as Shenanigans.

Not sure what's so interesting about the 50s Wheel of Fortune...
I'm curious to see just how many things it has in common with Merv's Wheel.

This, this, a million times this. I remember watching the mess and wondering what happened if someone got to the end of the board. Mind you, I was 9-11 years old when the show was airing and I knew hardly anything about the game show genre, but I still knew it was crap. (I totally forgot about the "loser flips burgers for the audience" thing.)

/get the hell off my lawn
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
Not sure what's so interesting about the 50s Wheel of Fortune...
I'm curious to see just how many things it has in common with Merv's Wheel.
People spun a wheel, answered questions and won up to One Thousand Dollars.

Not a whole lot other than the wheel.
Travis L. Eberle

MisterX

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »
And there's a picture of that '50s version here.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:53:42 PM by MisterX »

J.R.

« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »
You're 23 years old.
-Joe Raygor

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
You're 23 years old.
It's okay. He's Benjamin Buttons.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »
You're 23 years old.
He actually wasn't doing too terribly until he commanded people to vacate his greenery.
Travis L. Eberle

spb1962

« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
Do color still photos exist of CBS What's My Line? from the final 1966-67 season?