Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "WWTBAM - Play It!" Million Point Pin Sold  (Read 4155 times)

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
"WWTBAM - Play It!" Million Point Pin Sold
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:41 PM »
Spotted Orlando #4.  He wanted $250.  Final answer here.

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »
I utterly fail to see how that would have an ounce of value to anyone but someone who actually won it.

Buyer, step forward and receive your thoroughly-earned derision.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »
I thought eBay was like Dragon's Den in that if you don't get a bid of what you ask, it doesn't sell.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
I thought eBay was like Dragon's Den in that if you don't get a bid of what you ask, it doesn't sell.
Either he dropped the reserve at the last minute or there's some function that says "you wanted $250, someone bid $100, do you want to sell it or not?" It's better when things sell because that's when Ebay makes money, and like with most things Ebay, they are BIG FANS of revising their user experience so that it is as easy for people to do things that make Ebay money as possible.

J.R.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »
I give that link five million stars.
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »
I would say "fools and their money are soon parted" but I have an odd feeling he's the one who placed the bid on his own item.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:54:06 AM »
I would say "fools and their money are soon parted" but I have an odd feeling he's the one who placed the bid on his own item.
Why would he do that? He'd have to pay for the listing and a cut of the final bid, wouldn't he?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
Why would he do that? He'd have to pay for the listing and a cut of the final bid, wouldn't he?

True...but then again, who really would want something like that, unless they were a collector of obscure game show memorabilia or that one guy who overbid on the PYL Whammy T-shirt?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:14:04 AM »
unless they were a collector of obscure game show memorabilia or that one guy who overbid on the PYL Whammy T-shirt?
Exactly. Which means that "fools and their money" hits the nail precisely on the head. It's gotta be one of those pinheads.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »

True...but then again, who really would want something like that, unless they were a collector of obscure game show memorabilia or that one guy who overbid on the PYL Whammy T-shirt?
Someone actually put up a Whammy t-shirt on eBay? Heh. When was this?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

That Don Guy

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
There is a link to the winning bidder, who appears to be in the "entertainment collectibles" field of some sort, going by that bidder's other outstanding bids.

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Someone actually put up a Whammy t-shirt on eBay? Heh. When was this?

January 2004. Unfortunately the highlight of the thread is someone (Cory Houser?) calling Matt O. a dried food product.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »
And it wasn't the TV shirt, it was some recently created thing.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »
I remember the thread, but had no idea it was that long ago. I'd love to know what the other post was that got him banned.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:33 AM »
January 2004. Unfortunately the highlight of the thread is someone (Cory Houser?) calling Matt O. a dried food product.
To give Cory the tiniest bit of a reprieve, the bid in question was a typo, and he did not wind up buying the shirt.