Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy request  (Read 1984 times)

passwordplus

Jeopardy request
« on: April 13, 2004, 12:45:26 PM »
Has anybody here been able to get a copy of their Jeopardy try out test after they have taken it? I have a friend who swears that the Jeopardy try out is way too easy(even though he hasn't taken the test), and I want to prove how tough it really is. I don't think the sample one on the CD have proven my point yet.

Thanks folks.

Matt Ottinger

Jeopardy request
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »
The Jeopardy tests are not printed, probably to prevent the very thing you're asking about.  They appear on a screen in what is essentially an elaborate PowerPoint presentation.  The potential contestants only have their own answer sheets to write on.  

Doesn't the current Jeopardy book have sample exams?  I know the earlier ones did.  Still, if your friend is so absolutely convinced about the difficulty of something he's never seen, I'm not sure what the point is of trying to persuade him otherwise.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Timsterino

Jeopardy request
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 01:34:02 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 12:45 PM\'] Has anybody here been able to get a copy of their Jeopardy try out test after they have taken it? I have a friend who swears that the Jeopardy try out is way too easy(even though he hasn't taken the test), and I want to prove how tough it really is. I don't think the sample one on the CD have proven my point yet.

Thanks folks. [/quote]
 Go get a copy of Jeopardy! 2003 for the PS2. It has a copy of an old Jeopardy! exam for you to play. You will get the jist of it from that.

Tim

MCArroyo1

Jeopardy request
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 02:36:50 PM »
Doesn't the current Jeopardy book have sample exams? I know the earlier ones did.
Yes, it has adult and Teen Tournament exams.  Having never gone to a tryout, though, I can't make any comparisons between this material and questions used on exams today.

EDIT: There's a Back To School Week exam as well for younger kids.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:04:51 PM by MCArroyo1 »

DrBear

Jeopardy request
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 04:23:22 PM »
Let's put it this way - of the 75 at my tryout in Chicago two years ago, 7 of us passed (five wrong or fewer). And when you consider one of the successful ones was the one and only Myron M. Meyer, past J! record holder and occasional contributor to this board, you know it wasn't a bunch of dummies (myself included).

I'd say the questions were all of mid/high-value Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy level except for two or three...and you only had eight seconds to answer each one before they moved along.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy request
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 04:45:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 10:34 AM\'] Go get a copy of Jeopardy! 2003 for the PS2. It has a copy of an old Jeopardy! exam for you to play. You will get the jist of it from that.
 [/quote]
 Buy 12, in fact! ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

passwordplus

Jeopardy request
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 10:01:19 PM »
I was hoping for a courtesy copy from Mr. Lemon, but wish in one hand and ______(blank) in the other.

For $5000, what is your response to CNR?

(sarcasm)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy request
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 10:35:50 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 07:01 PM\'] I was hoping for a courtesy copy from Mr. Lemon, but wish in one hand and ______(blank) in the other.
 [/quote]
 Yeah, as soon as I get mine, you'll get yours. :P
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe