Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Todd Newton's book  (Read 1399 times)

tvrandywest

Todd Newton's book
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
Between TV and stage I've done over 2,000 shows with Todd, and probably spent about that many hours yapping with him in dressing rooms, restaurants, and sitting on the steps of the Plinko game backstage at "Price-Live." I'm still fascinated by his talent as a host, his on-stage and off-stage laser-beam focus, his ability to make the most out of every unpredictable moment, and his ability to roll with whatever he encounters in the path of his personal life.

Todd shares cool stuff from every aspect of his world in his new book "Life in the Bonus Round: A Game Show Host's Road to Success & Fulfillment." Folks here will be most interested in his career experiences, from developing an on-air persona, to getting an agent, to landing gigs, to hosting insights, through his game show career to date, which has now earned him an Emmy.

He writes as well as he speaks, so it's an easy and enjoyable read. Not yet on Amazon.com, it is now available at www.toddnewtononline.com

Enjoy!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:36:33 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Vahan_Nisanian

Todd Newton's book
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Sounds interesting. Just one question: Does he go into his experiences hosting Whammy: The All New Press Your Luck, and how it was like meeting Peter Tomarken, his predecessor, and how he felt about his passing?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:15:01 PM by gameshowlover87 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Todd Newton's book
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »
If you get a chance to pass along feedback, you might ask him why he is not offering it as an eBook? I'd strongly consider it if a Kindle version was available, but I'm not interested in buying print books anymore.

(Or will that question answer itself when it gets around to popping up on Amazon?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Todd Newton's book
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »
It is lamentable that he never got a fair shake at CBS TPIR.

The Pyramids

Todd Newton's book
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
It is lamentable that he never got a fair shake at CBS TPIR.

Indeed it is.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Todd Newton's book
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »
How long has it been since Drew took over Price? Grudges hold I guess.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Todd Newton's book
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
How long has it been since Drew took over Price?
Five seasons.
Travis L. Eberle