Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR's Check Game  (Read 6595 times)

whewfan

TPiR's Check Game
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
I thought I wasn't alone about how dull That's Too Much is now. Just call me the cheese I guess, because I stand alone.
That's Too Much became dull because it was setup so difficultly for a season and a half and way overplayed. One of those problems has been fixed, and since one is fixed, the other isn't nearly as bad.

And in regards to Drew dropping things Bob used to do, he didn't do too badly adapting other things. He has done excellently with One Away and the "mighty sound effects lady" and good with Cliff Hangers and Clock Game.

Drew seems to like One Away. I wish he'd approach ALL the games that way. Drew has improved with Clock Game... in the beginning, he was hinting too much with the inflection of his voice, and getting TOO hyper at times. Once they added a "third prize bonus" and did away with the 4 digit prices, he definitely eased up. As for Cliff Hangers, yeah EVERYONE likes that game. I'd like to see him vary his schtick but Cliff Hangers is still fun to watch regardless.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR's Check Game
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »
Jesus CHRIST would you learn how to use the quote tags?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TPiR's Check Game
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:26 AM »
The biggest problem with Check Game isn't the rules, it's that Drew, in a continuing effort to "make the show his own" decided to completely drop the aspect that "nobody understands how to play Check Game", which Bob made the game's "hook". Take away all that, and yes, the game is a waste of maybe 3 minutes. Okay, Drew makes a joke about the quill pen, then he comments about how the contestant must take forever at a checkout line... once is funny, EVERY game play, not so much.
That's interesting. Once is funny, but every time isn't? You held up "I get the one person of you lot who doesn't know the game" as some paragon of knee-slapping humor, and it happened damn near every time. And the Range Game joke? What's funny about 37 hours, unless maybe you work in a reference to the guy in the I Cut My Arm Off: The Movie movie. Even then, that's a stretch. And all those times that Bob would Pointedly Not Reveal The Price of the Friggin' Cheetos Already. Once is funny, but every time...it got tiresome.

Not only have you proved totally incapable of managing the quote function, but your basic premise is flawed.
Travis L. Eberle