Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN greenlights "Family Trade"  (Read 11085 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN greenlights "Family Trade"
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
Only the most coarse and unmannerly people would carry on in the way you describe. And I submit that life is closer to Milton Bradley's Checkered Game of Life than you're willing to admit. (That game from Victorian times morphed into what is now Chutes and Ladders.) Yes, it would be stupid of them to position the show the way the way they appear to be doing, as if to make it fit into the "Game Show Network" mold. But I suspect it would be little different from all of the other fly-on-the-wall voyeur shows that are out there.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
Only the most coarse and unmannerly people would carry on in the way you describe.
You are precisely correct.

And I submit that life is closer to Milton Bradley's Checkered Game of Life than you're willing to admit.
I genuinely don't know what the heck you mean by this, but certainly you are under no obligation to join me in finding their classification to be in horrible taste..

But I suspect it would be little different from all of the other fly-on-the-wall voyeur shows that are out there.
I suspect that's the case as well. However, that has little to do with how they are classifying the show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »
And I submit that life is closer to Milton Bradley's Checkered Game of Life than you're willing to admit.
I genuinely don't know what the heck you mean by this, but certainly you are under no obligation to join me in finding their classification to be in horrible taste..
I'm saying that someone who had the view of "Life could be broadly looked at as a game where if you do the proper right and good things you move ahead, and if you do the bad naughty things, you move backward" that they'd have a point. A very broad and not very nuanced point, but a point all the same.

Here's a link to the original version of the Game of Life, from 1860.

I also think that they're climbing a tall tall mountain if they think that classifying one of their shows as a Real Life Game will make people stay on the channel after Password Plus or Millionaire, because even your average TV watch knows the difference between a Shiny Floor Game and some guy trying to upsell a Taurus with undercoating. I'm not trying to say that I approve of what their going for, that I'd enjoy it, that I'd watch it, or that I'd tell people to spend their time on it. Just that I see what they're doing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:26:24 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
I'm saying that someone who had the view of "Life could be broadly looked at as a game where if you do the proper right and good things you move ahead, and if you do the bad naughty things, you move backward" that they'd have a point.
And since we have to live on this planet with each other, I think it's a little more respectful to your fellow man to take life a little more seriously than that. JMODO.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe