Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password's 2000th episode  (Read 1308 times)

thomas_meighan

Password's 2000th episode
« on: August 26, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »
Here's a photo from Password's 2000th episode, which according to the back of this press photo aired February 29, 1972:
http://tinyurl.com/9xf6x65

They must be incorporating the primetime/Sunday afternoon episodes in the count, because after seeing this photo on Aaron Handy's site I assumed it was from ca. December 1972, which would be more accurate if they had counted only daytime episodes. Also, the press description indicates that Pat Carroll and Roddy McDowall were the celebs, even though TV Guide apparently listed Anne Francis and Arte Johnson for that week:
http://abcpassword.tvheaven.com/ABCPass_CelebArchives/1972.html

Pat Carroll doesn't appear in the listings until the week of March 6, McDowall not until the week of April 17. It could've been a one-shot special appearance for both during the 2000th show, but we'll probably never know unless the production records for this run of Password still exist.

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:47:58 AM »
They must be incorporating the primetime/Sunday afternoon episodes in the count, because after seeing this photo on Aaron Handy's site <SNIPPED>

Take anything you see that came from Aaron Handy with a grain of salt. He used to post "Game Show Almanac" entries here full of factual errors. Even after being told repeatedly they were wrong, he would continue to post them the next year with same said error.

tvmitch

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
I love the big sign. Something you don't see anymore. Let's do all this work on making this beautiful sign, with custom lights and everything else, and we'll only use it once. But it will look amazing for that one time.
You should follow me on Twitter