Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show credits  (Read 1287 times)

Sonic Whammy

Game show credits
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
Hey guys, got one for you.

I'm in the process of inventing my own game show concept, and I'm just starting to put it through its test runs. My question has to do with acknowledging those people who helped, as they won't be involved in anything else.

When a game show is first conceived and put through its test runs, is there a place in the credits for anyone that was exclusively involved in that test run process?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Jimmy Owen

Game show credits
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
Well, didn't S. Steve Holland get a credit for the animation design for PYL?  AFAIK, he had moved on to directing on the big screen by the time PYL finished.  Similarly, Nat Ligerman (Monty's barber) got a credit on LMAD though he didn't actually work day-to-day on the show. On Classic Concentration, Bud Piper got a credit as did Victory Television, even though it wasn't syndicated.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:09:51 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game show credits
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:52 PM »
When a game show is first conceived and put through its test runs, is there a place in the credits for anyone that was exclusively involved in that test run process?
They're your credits, and there are no guidelines or laws surrounding them. There is a place for whatever you want. Give 'em a fancy-assed title like "Production Consultant" in lieu of actual payment, like the big companies do.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe