Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986  (Read 15806 times)

lestplayrodrick

The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
This home version had better be Windows 7 compatible for those kinds of questions.

It's not a computer game it's just a game that comes in a box just like the home versions of both pressman's and tyco games wheel of fortune and jeopardy! games just like the milton bradley and pressman's home versions of family feud just like the milton bradley and endless games version of the price is right game (my only favorite the 2nd edition from endless games) and many other box versions of some tv game show games.

Don Howard

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 10:03:01 PM »
It's not a computer game it's just a game that comes in a box
Will there be room inside the box for an inflatable Jack Barry? I hope so.

lestplayrodrick

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »

No you have to be your own Jack Barry/Bill Cullen/Jim Peck and or Pat Finn(host of Shop till you Drop)

Don Howard

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
No you have to be your own Jack Barry/Bill Cullen/Jim Peck and or Pat Finn(host of Shop till you Drop)
Well, I don't know why not. There was an inflatable Lyle Bellamy in the home version to Beat The Devil.

aaron sica

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 12:54:44 AM »

Hold the phone, now I'm confused. How can there be an inflatable Pat Finn? You said the 1977-1986 version....Pat Finn came in 1990.

I had the inflatable Jack Barry....It was defective. His head swelled to 3 times the size of the rest of his body.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »
I had the inflatable Jack Barry....It was defective. His head swelled to 3 times the size of the rest of his body.
In the game industry, we have a name for bugs like that. They're classified as "As Designed."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »

It's not a computer game it's just a game that comes in a box just like the home versions of both pressman's and tyco games wheel of fortune and jeopardy! games just like the milton bradley and pressman's home versions of family feud just like the milton bradley and endless games version of the price is right game (my only favorite the 2nd edition from endless games) and many other box versions of some tv game show games.

I'll go off the board and take "Remedial English" for $50...

aaron sica

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
In the game industry, we have a name for bugs like that. They're classified as "As Designed."

My Richard Dawson and Bob Barker infatables were a little harder to deal with....Those heads swelled to *10* times...

Bobby B.

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »

My Richard Dawson and Bob Barker infatables were a little harder to deal with....Those heads swelled to *10* times...

At least the Dawson one didn't insult you every time you ate a hamburger...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »

My Bob Barker inflatable couldn't keep itself off of my mannequins. Must have been the static electricity.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

lestplayrodrick

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »
I am so displease that no one would not helped me the put the list of categories used on the 1977-1986 syndicated version of the joker's wild of and now i have to do this by my self if no one do not want to help me at all this game show fan just been let down all together.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
Ooh, sorry. We were looking for "avocado."
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Don Howard

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
I am so displease that no one would not helped me the put the list of categories used on the 1977-1986 syndicated version of the joker's wild
Not as displeased as I am that there's not to be an inflatable Jack Barry inside the box.
Every time I go to a Jack-In-The-Box I'll be reminded of the fact that there's no Jack in your box.
And you have the indignity to be displeased with us. Pot, kettle, black, baby cakes. I pity your phase.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
We help those who help themselves.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 11:13:27 AM »
I am so displease that no one would not helped me the put the list of categories used on the 1977-1986 syndicated version of the joker's wild of and now i have to do this by my self if no one do not want to help me at all this game show fan just been let down all together.
The nerve...

Amidst all the jokes, Matt O. provided a link to clips from the show. If you didn't bother to watch the clips, you have no right to whine about no one helping. Besides, the categories were mostly generic anyways (Animals, Fairy Tales, Headlines, etc.). You can't expect people to do all your legwork, then get annoyed when people tell you to put in a little effort yourself. A Youtube search for "The Joker's Wild 1978" takes all of 15 seconds, and you could probably find at least 10-12 categories* in just one episode. Want another tip? Look up "Tic Tac Dough" or "Bullseye"...a lot of the same material. You're welcome.

*I can't remember, was it 5 or 6 categories per game? I need someone to tell me even though I could look on Youtube.

/I'm actually at work and can't watch on Youtube
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:44:22 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!