Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986  (Read 15793 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »
Let's all be honest here, if we tell him the categories the next thing is that he'll want us to write the material for him.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
I am so displease that no one would not helped me the put the list of categories used on the 1977-1986 syndicated version of the joker's wild of and now i have to do this by my self if no one do not want to help me at all this game show fan just been let down all together.
Likes the way you speak.

Don Howard

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 04:04:36 PM »
Hopefully, the OP's game will move faster than this edition:
http://www.gsn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117&page=1

SuperMatch93

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
I am so displease that no one would not helped me the put the list of categories used on the 1977-1986 syndicated version of the joker's wild of and now i have to do this by my self if no one do not want to help me at all this game show fan just been let down all together.
The nerve...

Amidst all the jokes, Matt O. provided a link to clips from the show. If you didn't bother to watch the clips, you have no right to whine about no one helping. Besides, the categories were mostly generic anyways (Animals, Fairy Tales, Headlines, etc.). You can't expect people to do all your legwork, then get annoyed when people tell you to put in a little effort yourself. A Youtube search for "The Joker's Wild 1978" takes all of 15 seconds, and you could probably find at least 10-12 categories* in just one episode. Want another tip? Look up "Tic Tac Dough" or "Bullseye"...a lot of the same material. You're welcome.

*I can't remember, was it 5 or 6 categories per game? I need someone to tell me even though I could look on Youtube.

/I'm actually at work and can't watch on Youtube

5 per match.

Roderick, do you have any of the board games? A lot of those categories are probably similar to what you would see on the show.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

lestplayrodrick

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 06:43:44 PM »
The nerve...

Amidst all the jokes, Matt O. provided a link to clips from the show. If you didn't bother to watch the clips, you have no right to whine about no one helping. Besides, the categories were mostly generic anyways (Animals, Fairy Tales, Headlines, etc.). You can't expect people to do all your legwork, then get annoyed when people tell you to put in a little effort yourself. A Youtube search for "The Joker's Wild 1978" takes all of 15 seconds, and you could probably find at least 10-12 categories* in just one episode. Want another tip? Look up "Tic Tac Dough" or "Bullseye"...a lot of the same material. You're welcome.

*I can't remember, was it 5 or 6 categories per game? I need someone to tell me even though I could look on Youtube.

/I'm actually at work and can't watch on Youtube

5 per match.

Roderick, do you have any of the board games? A lot of those categories are probably similar to what you would see on the show.

The only two game show games that i have are wheel of fortune (both versions) and the classic 1978 home version of tic tac dough.

aaron sica

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
and the classic 1978 home version of tic tac dough.

You couldn't recycle questions from that to use?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 04:43:20 AM »
The only two game show games that i have are wheel of fortune (both versions)
God help me, I'm curious now which two versions are "both versions."  Doesn't Wheel have about 14 bazillion home games?

Tim L

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »
Just an observation:

This "Rodrick" has been on here for nearly a week..(As often happens, I just found the thread this morning)..If I were looking for information and wasnt getting it to my satisfaction, plus, getting teased/embarassed by nearly everyone in a group I just joined..I would probably give up and just leave..Ive seen this sort of thing a few times..

clemon79

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »
If I were looking for information and wasnt getting it to my satisfaction, plus, getting teased/embarassed by nearly everyone in a group I just joined..I would probably give up and just leave..
As usual when folks make these observations, the fallacy at the outset is that you are assuming a rational thought process.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
If I were looking for information and wasnt getting it to my satisfaction, plus, getting teased/embarassed by nearly everyone in a group I just joined..I would probably give up and just leave..
As usual when folks make these observations, the fallacy at the outset is that you are assuming a rational thought process.
The Roderick dude is either a troll or autistic.  If troll, he's enjoying causing the commotion; if autistic, he's not picking up on the h8.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
The Roderick dude is either a troll or autistic.  If troll, he's enjoying causing the commotion; if autistic, he's not picking up on the h8.

Agreed wtih the troll theory, but not necessarily the autistic...IMHO, that's a pretty broad statement to make..

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »

Agreed wtih the troll theory, but not necessarily the autistic...IMHO, that's a pretty broad statement to make..
Maybe not autism, i'll say Rod is undaunted by the feelings of others.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:31:24 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
He's not a troll. (And once again I am getting tired of people crying out "troll!" every time we get another clubie around here.)

This particular picnic basket is a few sandwiches short, whether it's because he's somewhere on the autistic spectrum or because of some other deficiency, because that's really the only reason someone would have the audactiy to claim "displease" at being told to pound sand after asking for such a stupidly expansive project to be done for him. It's just not computing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:57:03 PM by clemon79 »

dale_grass

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
I'm tellin' ya guys, it's far more simple than that: It's Matt and Chris dishing out the lulz.  I don't know what kind of sick pleasures they derive from such exercises, but it's the only explanation I'll entertain at the moment.

\Either that or Roderick is very young.