Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986  (Read 15782 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Joker's Wild Categories from 1977-1986
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
I'm tellin' ya guys, it's far more simple than that: It's Matt and Chris dishing out the lulz.  I don't know what kind of sick pleasures they derive from such exercises, but it's the only explanation I'll entertain at the moment.
Yes, because Matt and Chris TOTALLY want toss something out there that is 90% likely to start a flamefest. That's *exactly* the community they are trying to foster. I can totally understand how you would entertain no other options.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
I'm willing to bet Dale is being facetious.

As for my "theory", I immediately got an idea of somewhere along the autistic spectrum, which is why I was a little hesitant to weigh in with the joke responses in the first couple pages. The fact that the OP didn't really take anyone's advice and merely said he is "displease" leads me even closer to think something is not registering and thinking he did nothing wrong. And while technically he's only guilty of not looking it up himself, he also doesn't realize that documenting categories from a 9 year run (and in the ballpark of about 1,800-2,000 episodes) is taxing work that's not gonna happen.

That being said, a little research on one's own part never hurts either, instead of expecting everyone to do all the legwork. Matt O. gave him ideas, I gave him a few more, the rest is on him.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:40:18 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
As for my "theory", I immediately got an idea of somewhere along the autistic spectrum
Why should he get to lean on a crutch? Why can't it be that he's being a clueless (and ungrateful) doofus?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

clemon79

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
Why can't it be that he's being a clueless (and ungrateful) doofus?
Well, why can't it be both, really.

BrandonFG

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 04:06:34 PM »
As for my "theory", I immediately got an idea of somewhere along the autistic spectrum
Why should he get to lean on a crutch? Why can't it be that he's being a clueless (and ungrateful) doofus?
He could very well be. But if I implied he's using a possible condition as a crutch, I certainly didn't mean to. Not only is it a shameful copout, but there are several people on this forum who would shoot that one down in a heartbeat.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

lestplayrodrick

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
If I were looking for information and wasnt getting it to my satisfaction, plus, getting teased/embarassed by nearly everyone in a group I just joined..I would probably give up and just leave..
As usual when folks make these observations, the fallacy at the outset is that you are assuming a rational thought process.
The Roderick dude is either a troll or autistic.  If troll, he's enjoying causing the commotion; if autistic, he's not picking up on the h8.

Autistic yes troll no i'm do suffer from autism however not everyone taking my autism diagnosis seriously in real life but for everyone shake please let's all everyone and mine to take autism as a mental heath issue and we can all learn everything about the lessons about autism.

P.S. i'm going to do everything the very best that i can on writing down the list of categories use on the 1977-86 version of the joker's wild with a lot of researching on my part i'm go to do my best on making my own home version of the joker's wild game based on the 1977-86 syndicated version of the game show.

aaron sica

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
Agreed wtih the troll theory, but not necessarily the autistic...IMHO, that's a pretty broad statement to make..
He's not a troll. (And once again I am getting tired of people crying out "troll!" every time we get another clubie around here.)

I wasn't saying he was; I  guess I should have worded it better - I meant to say I agreed with Jimmy when I said if he *is* a troll, he's definitely enjoying causing a commotion, I, too, don't think that's the case either. I  think there is definitely something wrong, but I wouldn't be so quick to automatically chalk it up to autism.

clemon79

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
P.S. i'm going to do everything the very best that i can on writing down the list of categories use on the 1977-86 version of the joker's wild with a lot of researching on my part i'm go to do my best on making my own home version of the joker's wild game based on the 1977-86 syndicated version of the game show.
We wish you the very best of luck in your endeavor.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »
Post some pictures when you're done, I'm sure a lot of us would like to see the finished product.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:54 PM »
Why can't it be that he's being a clueless (and ungrateful) doofus?
Well, why can't it be both, really.
Because I judge people based on what they do and how they behave, and not based on any of their "conditions" that they may have. I've managed to make it this far in the world without any special dispensation or pity, and frankly after the first two or three replies by Roderick the whole deal got really old.

I ask you, members of the Game Show Forum, does Roderick's condition (if any) make what he's said or done any less annoying to you?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
I ask you, members of the Game Show Forum, does Roderick's condition (if any) make what he's said or done any less annoying to you?
It makes it more annoying, because now he's acting like he's got a perfectly good excuse for how annoying he's being.

mmb5

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »
More, because he's using it as a crutch.  I would love to act like I feel like acting 100% of the time but I know I can't if I want to be anywhere in society.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.