Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin's Crosswords  (Read 2261 times)

14gameshows

Merv Griffin's Crosswords
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
I was looking on tvguide.com and noticed that in the Roanoke-Lynchburg Market that their ABC affiliate WSET still airs Merv Griffin's Crosswords on their 13.2 channel.  Does MG Crosswords still air in other parts of the country?

I thought this show was cancelled along time ago.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
Reruns on RTN. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and wondered the same thing.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
Yeah, Retro (RTV) and My Family TV (both Luken nets) carry it. They had carried some other Program Partners material and I wouldn't be surprised if they got Crosswords for a song. Or even a few notes. A guest resident in our home loves it, so I'm back to catching it on occasion - in fact, between the two nets, which we get over the air, I think it's on three times a day....yes, noon and 6 pm on MyFam, 9-10 am on RTV. I've mellowed a bit over Ty's hosting, as he actually winds up doing an adequate job for what he's given, as far as a game goes. It's better that he doesn't have extra time to get more in-depth with contestants.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:57:29 PM by The Ol' Guy »

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Reruns on RTN. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and wondered the same thing.

Yep. WHTM-DT2 (subchannel of ABC27), our local RTN affiliate, carries them at 9am and 9:30 weekdays. As do most of the RTN stations, AFAIK.

ObRTN: Watched an episode of "The Bill Cosby Show" on RTN the other night. Not bad.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:25:28 AM by aaron sica »