Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Creating a home game from other games  (Read 6742 times)

Marc412

Creating a home game from other games
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
If you're creative, you can write your own material.  I hosted a few games over on another message board, and that's what I did.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »
Jeopardy occasionally has a category called 'Jeoportmanteau' that contains clues that fit the format.  Search the J-Archive for 'Jeoportmanteau' and you'll come up with 35 clues, which is at least a start.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:30:16 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

Marc412

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
Add "Before & After" to that!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 02:32:21 AM »
My friends and I used the material provided in Name Burst to play You Don’t Say! Three of the names used in the three games we played were unfamiliar to at least one of the players, but the game worked well. We enjoyed it.
AHA! Name Burst! I'm away from the apartment and I was racking my brain trying to remember that. Yes, Al is right, it did work well.

For any Q&A games with outdated/irrelevant material, the game Bezzerwizzer is a great all-purpose substitute. My roommates and I have done "Tic Tac Dough" and "The Joker's Wild," using a random drawing of Bezzerwizzer's tiles to determine the categories for each game. When we did "Bullseye" for a convention a while back and absolutely didn't feel like writing material for it, we called it "Trivial Pursuit: Bullseye Edition" and put colors on the wheels instead of category names.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
For any Q&A games with outdated/irrelevant material, the game Bezzerwizzer is a great all-purpose substitute.
It is also a damned fine game in its own right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:15 AM »
For any Q&A games with outdated/irrelevant material, the game Bezzerwizzer is a great all-purpose substitute.
It is also a damned fine game in its own right.
Which is one of the reasons I picked it up.  I'm planning on using it for "The Big Showdown" at an upcoming game night, too.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"