Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game shows and your siblings  (Read 3625 times)

Craig Karlberg

Game shows and your siblings
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 04:10:56 AM »
Ny older siblings never understood why I was so nuts about game shows when I was a toddler.  Maybe it was the bells & whistles, the pretty colors & the flashing lights that drew me in.  My older brother was very addamant about that stuff.  One day in 1976, I was watching TPIR & my brother was teasing me every time a lady was seen on Contestant's Row.  That was the worst day I ever had back then.  My older sister was more tolerant, but she wasn't a big fan either, but that's the nature of the beast I guess.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 04:03:13 AM »
My brother watched game shows with me growing up.  But unlike me, he never became the type of fan of the genre that we all are.  He's one of those rare people who actually HATES Jeopardy because to him, it's "a nerd show."  He never understood why I'm impressed by the knowledge of those contestants.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 04:04:29 AM »
My brother watched game shows with me growing up.  But unlike me, he never became the type of fan of the genre that we all are.  He's one of those rare people who actually HATES Jeopardy because to him, it's "a nerd show."  He never understood why I'm impressed by the knowledge of those contestants.
I'm sorry your brother is a douchebag! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Johnissoevil

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 04:07:21 AM »
I'm sorry your brother is a douchebag! :)

A jealous douchebag, at that (yes, I think his hate for J is jealousy) :-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

stutzunoon

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 08:13:19 AM »
My dad liked them - but my brothers didn't really care about them.  In fact they stopped me from taping a really big win once...

I remember one day we were all home from school for some reason, and they decided to watch a tape of "Hamburger: The Movie" on the only VCR we had in the house.  I wanted to tape Break The Bank (Farago) because the bank was over $50k at the time & I had a feeling there was going to be a big win.

After 10 minutes of arguing with them to get off the VCR & let me tape my show - mom & dad intervened & they won.

So I was forced to watch on a little 9" b&w tv while the record breaking bank was broken that day.

I carried that resentment until the clip was posted by someone on YouTube...

Ian Wallis

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »
When we were all young in the mid-'70s, frequently my sisters would watch some shows with me, but as time went on they seemed to lose interest.  Not that they didn't really like them, but they wouldn't go out of their way to watch a game show.  One of their husbands said he doesn't really like game shows at all - which I don't understand.  I can get people not being as fanatical as us, but not to like them at all...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

The Pyramids

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
My younger sister and I went went to Los Angles to see Bob Barker & Randy West in action at a 'TPIR' taping in 2003. In 2007 she came over to watch a tape of Bob's last show and later Drew's first.