Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right show  (Read 1824 times)

Pam

The Price is Right show
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Does anyone have access to the archives of The Price Right show when it filmed in NY in 1965? My mom passed away a few days ago and she was a winner on the show. I'd really like to find the archived video.
Thanks!

Matt Ottinger

The Price is Right show
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »
Does anyone have access to the archives of The Price Right show when it filmed in NY in 1965? My mom passed away a few days ago and she was a winner on the show. I'd really like to find the archived video.
Pam, if it was a daytime show the program probably doesn't exist anymore.  If it was a nighttime show, there's a better chance that it does, and that one of us might have it from when the Game Show Network showed reruns about a dozen years ago.  How much detail might you be able to give us?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Steve Gavazzi

The Price is Right show
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
If she's got the year right, it couldn't be a nighttime show -- that was only on until '64.

That Don Guy

The Price is Right show
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
If she's got the year right, it couldn't be a nighttime show -- that was only on until '64.
When did it move from NBC to ABC?  IIRC, there are very few of the ABC nighttime episodes that still exist.

DjohnsonCB

The Price is Right show
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:08:51 PM »
When did it move from NBC to ABC?  IIRC, there are very few of the ABC nighttime episodes that still exist.
In September of 1963 it changed networks.  The daytime show ran for two more years at that point.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Pam

The Price is Right show
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
Thanks everyone I'm double checking on exact dates and times and will repost! This is very helpful info:)