Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1964-1965 episodes needed  (Read 1685 times)

Pam

1964-1965 episodes needed
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
My mom was a winning contestant on TPiR the first season it aired  on ABC during a daytime episode. I know she won an Austin Healy convertible and a tv. Her name is Lyn Hotia. Does anyone have this episode or any information that can help?

Tim L

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
My mom was a winning contestant on TPiR the first season it aired  on ABC during a daytime episode. I know she won an Austin Healy convertible and a tv. Her name is Lyn Hotia. Does anyone have this episode or any information that can help?

The first ABC season was 1963-64..Hard to say whether that episode was saved..Wish I could be more help..Good luck..

MrBuddwing

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
The only hope here, as I see it, was ABC's onetime policy of routinely kinescoping its "live" shows (e.g., newscasts, soap operas - and game shows), which lasted up until about 1970. ABC ultimately junked its old kinescopes (except for the newscasts), but there may be a chance this episode is in the hands of someone out there. (If this had been an NBC or CBS game show of the 1960s, I'd be even more pessimistic.) Good luck.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
The only hope here, as I see it, was ABC's onetime policy of routinely kinescoping its "live" shows (e.g., newscasts, soap operas - and game shows), which lasted up until about 1970. ABC ultimately junked its old kinescopes (except for the newscasts), but there may be a chance this episode is in the hands of someone out there. (If this had been an NBC or CBS game show of the 1960s, I'd be even more pessimistic.) Good luck.
Pam, I'm afraid even that explanation might be overly optimistic.  The simple fact is that there are a lot of serious collectors on this board, and we've pretty much established that there aren't daytime ABC episodes in any significant number at all.  If there was someplace to go looking for them, we'd have done that ourselves already.  The possibility that your mom's episode even exists anymore is ridiculously small, and I worry that our grasping at straws to come up with ways that it might have survived may encourage you unrealistically.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.