Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J!: Nationwide or Nefarious NBC Affiliate  (Read 1715 times)

mmb5

J!: Nationwide or Nefarious NBC Affiliate
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
I've noticed in my last few viewings of Jeopardy that only one cycle of the think music was heard instead of two, even though Alex says '30 seconds'?  Is this happening nationwide or is this my evil affiliate trying to get 15 more seconds of commercial time?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
Wow, I don't believe that's happening here. That's almost clever.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »
It's your station.

trainman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:22 PM »
Can't help but wonder if J! knows about the situation or not -- if I were in your position, I might attempt to contact J! staff in addition to the station.
trainman is a man of trains

toddyo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »
We used to clip credits during election time, at the non-J! station I worked for in the early 90's.  Never program content - I would think there'd be a clause in the contract prohibiting content editing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:42:51 AM by toddyo »

Offshored2007

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
We used to clip credits during election time, at the non-J! station I worked for in the early 90's.  Never program content - I would think there'd be a clause in the contract prohibiting content editing.
The station that runs J! here in DC, WJLA, does not run the fee plugs at the end of the show, opting instead for extra commericials. They do show the last segment with the contestents/credits.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
The station that runs J! here in DC, WJLA, does not run the fee plugs at the end of the show, opting instead for extra commericials. They do show the last segment with the contestents/credits.
WTVZ does the same thing with Family Feud. I've still never heard of what Mike describes though. I can't even imagine how that can be done without looking like a jarring edit.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!