Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tape schedules for games with different hosts  (Read 1545 times)

spb1962

Tape schedules for games with different hosts
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
There have been at least three instances where a network daytime game had one host and the syndicated nighttime version another.

The Price is Right
CBS daytime with Bob Barker
syndicated nighttime with Dennis James

The $10,000 Pyramid
ABC daytime with Dick Clark
The $25,000 Pyramid

syndicated nighttime with Bill Cullen

Name That Tune
NBC daytime with Dennis James
syndicated nighttime with Tom Kennedy

Were the shows taped on separate days, and how many shows were taped in one day?

bricon

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »

The $10,000 Pyramid
ABC daytime with Dick Clark
The $25,000 Pyramid

syndicated nighttime with Bill Cullen

Were the shows taped on separate days, and how many shows were taped in one day?

Seperate days.  Cullen's version was six to a day, taped around April to June.  

The daytime was always five shows a day except for the $50,000 version, which taped three consecutive days a month, 5 shows the first day, 7 the second, and 8 the third.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
For TPIR, when both versions were 30 minutes, Barker's version did four a day (two and two) and Dennis James did three (one and two). When the daytime went to 60 minutes they did two shows. They may have TRIED doing three at first, not sure. I saw TPIR tape in 1975, '78 and '95 (with Bob and Rod).

Never got to see NTT. In 1978, I got to see You Don't Say with Jim Peck and John Harlan, NTT's announcer. He told us that NTT finished taping for the season the day before. They only did 26 shows a season.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:19:11 PM by BillCullen1 »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:25:13 AM »
They may have TRIED doing three at first

I believe they did.  I saw a GSN rerun years back where Bob mentioned something about a contestant finally getting called on down.  He stated something like "I've been here for both shows today, and all three yesterday".  I'm pretty sure it was a fall 1975 episode.  I guess that schedule didn't stick for long - for obvious reasons.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
They may have TRIED doing three at first
I believe they did.  I saw a GSN rerun years back where Bob mentioned something about a contestant finally getting called on down.  He stated something like "I've been here for both shows today, and all three yesterday".  I'm pretty sure it was a fall 1975 episode.  I guess that schedule didn't stick for long - for obvious reasons.
I can verify that they did.  I want to say that it was a year or two before they switched from three shows on each of two days to two shows on each of three days.