Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Schedule changes on Game TV  (Read 5062 times)

Ian Wallis

Schedule changes on Game TV
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
I believe Sweep was around 40 and Talkabout was around 30

Wow - that's surprising.  You'd figure ratings might be a bit better if they had more episodes in rotation.  I guess their budget must be very tight.

/Still hoping for Definition eventually, even if it's just 30 episodes
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

J.R.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »
I really want to give a "zed".
-Joe Raygor

saussage

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
I really want to give a "zed".
Hey! That's how we roll up north :)
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

RobertFigures

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
For what it's worth, the Family Feud episodes on GameTV were Steve Harvey episodes when I was flipping through. It's great to see the success of the current version, but I hope this doesn't contribute to any overexposure of the show. Personally, I'd have rather seen Combs-era Feud repeats, but knowing how well Harvey Feud repeats do on GSN, this might be a smart move!

Also, one of the removed shows from the GameTV schedule was Video & Arcade Top 10, the long running YTV kids game show. It was fun to watch occasionally for nostalgic reasons, but it's aged like milk to me, so the quality of the overall lineup isn't downgraded without it

Argo

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
Two things come to mind:
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but America's GSN is also available on a lot of Canadian cable systems, right? The one time I was in Canada, I was able to watch GSN at my hotel.
  • When were Supermarket Sweep and Talkabout revived in Canada? Is this a recent development? Who's hosting?

Nope these are the originals.

Canadian Supermarket Sweep (1992-1995)
TalkAbout (1989-1990)

Wish they would run some CTV game shows. Been a while since Super Pay Cards was rerun here, and I don't think Definition or Headline Hunters was ever rerun, if so not for years. Front Page Challenge would be a nice change too, and some more Canadian ones. Maybe CTV are the NBC of game shows up here. Nobody gets to see any of them lol, or maybe they're all erased. The Mad Dash was a fun show to watch (I was too young to remember the original run), but the same 15 episodes got a little bit old.

I do find it a bit odd, but GameTV did use GSN's old station ID music for their station IDs. I wonder if they are connected in someway? Does GSN own GameTV, or some affiliation of some kind?

Also, sorry to hear about Pyramid being the Donny version.

M.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:05:40 PM by Argo »

Lirodon

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 02:19:15 AM »
Wish they would run some CTV game shows. Been a while since Super Pay Cards was rerun here, and I don't think Definition or Headline Hunters was ever rerun, if so not for years. Front Page Challenge would be a nice change too, and some more Canadian ones. Maybe CTV are the NBC of game shows up here. Nobody gets to see any of them lol, or maybe they're all erased. The Mad Dash was a fun show to watch (I was too young to remember the original run), but the same 15 episodes got a little bit old.

I do find it a bit odd, but GameTV did use GSN's old station ID music for their station IDs. I wonder if they are connected in someway? Does GSN own GameTV, or some affiliation of some kind?

Bell is probably one of the stupidest monoliths in media ownership worldwide.

And who knows, could just be stock music.