Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Truth or Consequences, Treasure Hunt being shopped  (Read 5030 times)

Ian Wallis

New Truth or Consequences, Treasure Hunt being shopped
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
I even remember once, a contestant actually got a question right...and all they did was ask him another one

I saw that too, and Barker said "...you're right, but it's a two-part question..."  Needless to say, the contestant didn't get the second question right!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
The game was never about answering the questions, and if Gurin thinks it was, then yeah, that's a bad start.
I fear you are right. One wonders if he understands the format he is trying to sell. If he tries to play it with straight, factual quiz questions then we'll know.

I remember this one:

Q: Three glasses are on a table. Two contain water. What king does this remind you of?

SFX: Beulah the Buzzer

A: Philip the Third.

AUDIENCE: (GROANS)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:36:05 PM by chris319 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »
If this ToC pilot sells, maybe Barker will do a "walk on" and tell everyone he hosted the show way back when - on second thought, that might not be a good idea.

carlisle96

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
I even remember once, a contestant actually got a question right...and all they did was ask him another one

I saw that too, and Barker said "...you're right, but it's a two-part question..."  Needless to say, the contestant didn't get the second question right!
During the Ralph Edwards radio days, contestants who got the question right were given $10 and they moved on to the next guest. Speaking of Truth or Consequences on radio, while researching another project, I discovered that NBC Radio ran a daytime version of T or C in 1957, after Barker had taken over the TV show. Does anyone know if Barker hosted the radio version, too? I'd love to hear one.