Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Thanksgiving/Christmas Marathon Lineups  (Read 10253 times)

chad1m

GSN Thanksgiving/Christmas Marathon Lineups
« on: November 16, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
If you really don't like your family that much or need just an hour away from them during the next two holiday seasons, GSN will have you covered, depending on your tastes.

Thursday, November 22nd: Beat the Chefs, 8am-2pm
Thursday, November 22nd: Minute to Win It, 2pm-6pm
Friday, November 23rd: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, 8am-1:30pm
Friday, November 23rd: Family Feud (Harvey) 1:30pm-7pm

Sunday, December 23rd: The American Bible Challenge, 3pm-12am
Monday, December 24th: Minute to Win It, 8am-6pm
Tuesday, December 25th: Match Game, 8am-5pm
Monday, December 31st: The $25,000/$100,000 Pyramid, 8am-7pm
Monday, December 31st: The Pyramid, 7pm-12am
Wednesday, January 1st: Deal or No Deal, 8am-6pm

I wrote about both at Buzzer, if you care to see long form writeups or more detail.
http://buzzerblog.co...re-harvey-feud/
http://buzzerblog.co...stmas-marathon/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:33:11 PM by chad1m »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Congratulations to GSN, who caused me to consider keeping the tertiary cable level through the new year.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
And it also seems GSN will be continuing the tradition of showing Christmas-themed episodes in the regular rotation in December.

For starters, according to the 11/19 PDF file, GSN will begin showing those 1979 Christmas/New Year's episodes of Password Plus, starting with ep. #247 on 11/24.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:36:08 PM by gameshowlover87 »

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
Wonder if we'll see the first PYL Xmas ep?  (Did they do anything that first year?)

And will we see MG other than '74?  Glad to see both Pyramids get some attention, including the 2012 version getting marathon love despite the ratings problems.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
I think they'll just show the first XMAS episode in the regular rotation. Notice they haven't interrupted the regularly scheduled episodes to show it.

Also, I checked Casey Abell's site, and the PDF for 12/3 is completely missing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:58:02 PM by gameshowlover87 »

chad1m

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »
Also, as has been recent tradition over the last couple of years, GSN will indeed be also airing select episodes of What's My Line? and I've Got a Secret, starting December 17th, airing weeknights at 2AM and 2:30AM ET. The duration is not yet known, but if previous patterns are followed, expect it to be for no more than two weeks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:01:22 AM by chad1m »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »
Also, as has been recent tradition over the last couple of years, GSN will indeed be also airing select episodes of What's My Line? and I've Got a Secret, starting December 17th, airing weeknights at 2AM and 2:30AM ET. The duration is not yet known, but if previous patterns are followed, expect it to be for no more than two weeks.

While I personally appreciate that little Christmas gift, I don't really understand it.  They're just random episodes, not holiday themed, and playing them in the middle of he night can't possibly move the needle one way or the other.  While I'd naturally be thrilled to see the classic panel shows return permanently to that graveyard shift, I also totally understand the decision-making that removed them.  I just don't see what the point is of bringing them back briefly every year.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
They're starting to air the ads for the Millionaire marathon now, and it's confusing the heck out of me now. The "Farewell To Regis" Millionaire Marathon, which they are toting as his final eps on GSN.

They haven't aired his OR Meredith's Millionaires in quite a while now. Are they seriously dropping the rights to them altogether or...?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »
I think it's just a joke on GSN's part. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

xavier45

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
The episodes look like the actual Final episodes that aired on ABC.

jage

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »
I think it's just a joke on GSN's part. I wouldn't take it so seriously.
Hmmm, they aren't airing Regis millionaire much these days. If a contract renewal as up and the show isn't much of a part of their current plans, why renew the contract? So this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
Same here. I guess I just find it weird that you would actually announce that this is the last time you're ever gonna see this show on our network. Makes it sound like those Franklin Mint-type ads where they tell you when the offer expires, the press will be destroyed and the coins will never be printed again.

Really, outside of first-run network shows, who does that? Or even kids about it?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Am I the only person who read that as "These are the last episodes of Millionaire on ABC, and we're airing them as a marathon"?

/And if so, wouldn't that be the 10th anniversary weeks?
Travis L. Eberle

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »
Same here. I guess I just find it weird that you would actually announce that this is the last time you're ever gonna see this show on our network.

The things one can commit to memory... I remember clear as a bell that Nickelodeon did this for "The Tomorrow People" (original version).
@lambertman

gamed121683

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
Same here. I guess I just find it weird that you would actually announce that this is the last time you're ever gonna see this show on our network.

The things one can commit to memory... I remember clear as a bell that Nickelodeon did this for "The Tomorrow People" (original version).

Oh, yeah! Nick at Nite, if my memory serves, was the king of the farewell marathons back in the day. I remember them given this treatment to "My Three Sons" & "Mr. Ed".