Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Thanksgiving/Christmas Marathon Lineups  (Read 9979 times)

xavier45

GSN Thanksgiving/Christmas Marathon Lineups
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 11:10:39 PM »
Am I the only person who read that as "These are the last episodes of Millionaire on ABC, and we're airing them as a marathon"?

/And if so, wouldn't that be the 10th anniversary weeks?
No, I also pointed that out a few posts up.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »
Same here. I guess I just find it weird that you would actually announce that this is the last time you're ever gonna see this show on our network.

The things one can commit to memory... I remember clear as a bell that Nickelodeon did this for "The Tomorrow People" (original version).

Oh, yeah! Nick at Nite, if my memory serves, was the king of the farewell marathons back in the day. I remember them given this treatment to "My Three Sons" & "Mr. Ed".

FX did the same thing when they lost rights to "M*A*S*H" a few years ago to Hallmark Channel.

Funny thing: they aired eight (!) episodes a day in morning and afternoon blocks, the morning episodes being the same ones run the previous afternoon. Once they lost out, FX just burned them off from there.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:20 AM »
Same here. I guess I just find it weird that you would actually announce that this is the last time you're ever gonna see this show on our network.

The things one can commit to memory... I remember clear as a bell that Nickelodeon did this for "The Tomorrow People" (original version).

June, 1984. This was a turning point for Nickelodeon. Just about the time that TP left, "Dangermouse" premiered, and they started airing commercials (which they hadn't up to that point). I remember the marathon well, too. I figured I would never see the show again. A friend who had NJN in 1996, and DVD's, have proved me wrong.

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
For Thankgiving weekend, I think it would have been a smarter decision for GSN to have Harvey Feud on Thursday afternoon and Minute to Win It on Friday afternoon. Just saying.
Why? I'm guessing that you're saying that "Feud" has the family atmosphere for the holiday, and "Minute" is frantic enough for Black Friday?

Am I close? Because if so, I think that's a bit of a stretch.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
For those of you checking the Thanksgiving Schedule on GSN today the schedule has changed today and it appears that Minute To Win It will have a marathon from 12:00-3:30 replacing the originally scheduled Steve Harvey Family Feud marathon and will be moved to 11:00 to 1PM after the marathon of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire starting tomorrow.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »
On my part, I'll be watching GSN all day tomorrow.

I am shocked by this. Utterly shocked. Look at how shocked I am: :|
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
On my part, I'll be watching GSN all day tomorrow.

I am shocked by this. Utterly shocked. Look at how shocked I am: :|

So Blanche, are you telling me you're shocked?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

The Pyramids

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
I forgot all about 'Millionaire'. Does anyone know if the episodes shown were new to GSN?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
There were the first four millionaires, and the episode hour episode where John Carpenter gets into the hot seat at the very last.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
I forgot all about 'Millionaire'. Does anyone know if the episodes shown were new to GSN?

None of Regis' Millionaire episodes are New to GSN anymore. They've all been seen in some shape or form
GSN finally reran the half hour episodes?
--Mark
Phil 4:13