Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it just me or...  (Read 2705 times)

cmjb13

Is it just me or...
« on: December 19, 2003, 06:50:12 AM »
Does Barker seem to be pushing the importance of spinning the big wheel on the daytime show?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

Is it just me or...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 08:07:07 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 06:50 AM\'] Does Barker seem to be pushing the importance of spinning the big wheel on the daytime show? [/quote]
 Yeah, I noticed he says "See you at the Big Wheel" a bit more often on the daytime show than in the past, and he gives a little spiel about how the player will soon be spinning for a Million on the primetime shows, especially if the player's pricing game was not won.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Is it just me or...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 08:19:21 AM »
I hear* the title of the daytime show will be changed to "The Price is Right $10,000 Spectacular".

* no, I don't.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 08:19:41 AM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

urbanpreppie05

Is it just me or...
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 08:37:33 AM »
I hear* the title of the daytime show will be changed to "The Price is Right $10,000 Spectacular".

No, the actual name will be "The Price is Right $10,000 Spectacular salutes the common man, woman, senior citizen, college student, military person, and super fan...."
insert signature here

cmjb13

Is it just me or...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 08:48:57 AM »
salutes the common man

Too boring
woman
No
senior citizen
Interesting, but would take forever.
college student
I'll reserve judgement until I see the last special.
military person
These are enjoyable
and super fan...."
No thanks.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

catkins522

Is it just me or...
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 10:36:15 AM »
No, the actual name will be "The Price is Right $10,000 Spectacular salutes the common man..."

Hmmm, now wait just a minute...  We can use the updated, faster theme of Copland's "Farfare for the Common Man" with TPiR's feel.  Yes, that would do it.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

TheInquisitiveOne

Is it just me or...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 01:56:11 PM »
I take this in a different light. I believe that Bob is using that "See you at the Big Wheel" spiel as words of encouragement for the losing contestant. To me, that his way of saying, "Though you may have lost the prize on stage, the prospect of bigger prizes and big money is still out there. So don't lose hope."

Also, the times have changed. We have people who can be that dejected on TPiR...though they do not show it.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.