Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Double Talk Cancellation Anniversary  (Read 1807 times)

Don Howard

Celebrity Double Talk Cancellation Anniversary
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:59:22 AM »
Christmas was ruined for everyone when the plug was pulled on this gem this day in 1986.
Write to ABC and tell them about us, Henry Polic II pleaded. Still waiting for the return of the game for watch paddlers. Sad.

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:52:47 AM »
Christmas was ruined for everyone when the plug was pulled on this gem this day in 1986.
Write to ABC and tell them about us, Henry Polic II pleaded. Still waiting for the return of the game for watch paddlers. Sad.

I *did* write to them, Don. I guess the sad thing is that they don't value their viewers. They replied back to me and said that my email is valuable to them and they will add it to the same list of people who are waiting for the return of "Bargain Hunters".

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »

I *did* write to them, Don. I guess the sad thing is that they don't value their viewers. They replied back to me and said that my email is valuable to them and they will add it to the same list of people who are waiting for the return of "Bargain Hunters".

When I wrote to them, they said it was 2nd in line in a "holding pattern", right behind "The Better Sex".

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:51:19 AM »
The only consolation I got was that I could still see HPII playing Uncle Jerry in the same time slot on "Webster."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »
The only consolation I got was that I could still see HPII playing Uncle Jerry in the same time slot on "Webster."

There must have also been some cable channel rerunning When Things Were Rotten at one point too - probably TVLand.  I remember seeing the reruns of that for a while in the late '90s.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Still waiting for the return of the game for watch paddlers. Sad.

I always thought he said, "Yakht" -- as in he saw the word "Yacht" and pronounced it as a person who had never seen it before in print, and was making his best effort to say it how it looked on paper.