Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy contestant who fainted  (Read 4599 times)

dale_grass

Jeopardy contestant who fainted
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
I must say this has made my day.

Nothing to add here, I just want to make sure LetsGoYank has another opportunity to read this and reflect on the fact that he actually typed it.

I thought maybe you were archiving it in case he decides to redact it a week from now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:14:47 PM by dale_grass »

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
You, sir (and I use that term extremely lightly), are an asshole.

For what? Responding to the OP's post and answering it in an appropriate, timely matter, and not to mention staying on subject.
Someone fainting made your day? And then you imply that everyone else cried over the events. I see your definition of "appropriate" is about the same as Britney Spears' in 2007.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
For what? Responding to the OP's post and answering it in an appropriate, timely matter, and not to mention staying on subject.

Holy good Lord, you can't even understand why this makes you look like a colossal jackbag?

Matt, Chris, in all seriousness, can you please ban this nitwit?  He's clearly too stupid to take part in any sort of worthwhile discussion, and while he was an interesting joke for a couple weeks, I think he's run his course.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »

Thank you for making my point for me. I should have added "clueless" before "asshole". That would have made my statement more accurate.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »

You said you're a teen in another post elsewhere, but I've been posting in this community (one form or another) since I was about 14, and I can say that as immature as I was at times, I can't say that I would consider a fainting spell something that "made my day". And even if I didn't realize how incredibly ignorant the statement made me look, I can say that I'd at least own up to it being a dumb comment after being called on it, and apologizing instead of the extremely arrogant approach you're taking. When the new forum starts up next week, you'd be wise to consider sitting out of a few discussions for awhile. Learn by observing and realizing how the forum operates, and stop parading the knowledge you don't have.

For the record, I nearly fainted during a presentation in college. I bet that would've made your morning, wouldn't it?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
You said you're a teen in another post elsewhere, but I've been posting in this community (one form or another) since I was about 14, and I can say that as immature as I was at times, I can't say that I would consider a fainting spell something that "made my day".
I think there's a key distinction that the Effingnugai doesn't get. There's laughing at America's Funniest Home Videos or a Wipeout run. The Three Stooges made a cottage industry out of abusing each other for years. There is a fundamental difference between laughing appropriately at something we're supposed to laugh at, and saying that it "made one's day" to watch somebody suffer a medical malady,

It has now become impossible to take the FNG seriously: His handle, his age, his positions, and now this. It's just one more in the dink parade at this point.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:33:09 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, we're in the mud now. Doug, pass me some popcorn, please. And thanks for the card!

You're most welcome.  Thank you for yours as well.  With or without extra butter?

Now back to 1 vs. 100, already in progress.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)