Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Name's The Same:Newspaper Ad for The Premiere Episode in Cleve  (Read 1064 times)

Tim L

[html]

Cleveland Plain Dealer Ad for The Premiere of  ABC's "The Name's The Same" aired on WXEL Channel 9 in Cleveland..December 5, 1951..

Matt Ottinger

The Name's The Same:Newspaper Ad for The Premiere Episode in Cleve
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »
This proves something that I guess I could have looked up.  Of all the successful (or in this case, moderately successful) Goodson-Todman panel shows, this is the only one that kept its panel intact right from the beginning.  The team of Burrows, Alexander and Willson remained the regular panel for nearly a full year before Burrows left in November of 1952.  Willson followed a few months after, but Joan Alexander remained with the show throughout its nearly four year run.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »
Would John Reed King have been the announcer or the celebrity guest for that episode? I thought Lee Vines was the announcer for the whole series, but I could be wrong.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
Would John Reed King have been the announcer or the celebrity guest for that episode? I thought Lee Vines was the announcer for the whole series, but I could be wrong.

I assumed they were referring to King as a guest, but I checked and the EOTVGS says that he did commercials for the show.  That was a specific and very visible role for many early live shows, something less than a co-host but more than an off-camera announcer.  Of course, in many cases, the announcer and the commercial reader were the same, but in this case, it looks like they were different.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

KWJCDon

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »
Great find Tim! TNTS has been one of my favorites over the years.

TheLastResort

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
I found it to be fresh and gay, but not all that bright.  :)