The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

It's time to Face the Music!

<< < (2/2)

SRIV94:
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 09:01 PM\']Yep...one time, they played Glen Campbell's \"Hard to Be Humble\" as a clue leading to Ron...however, for the latter, they didn't specify on Ron's answer card which face it pertained to, which led Ron to remark how the producers deserved the \"Dirty Trick of the Year Award\". :-)
[/quote]
Actually, it was Mac Davis who wrote and originally performed \"It's Hard To Be Humble.\"  But otherwise, your point is well-taken.

Doug

happyattacks:
I loved this show as well... It would be so great to see it pop up again. I think it was a terrific Idea and actually played out pretty well... I think a decent remake could be done, but I'm sure it would involve too much money and such...

Is it just me, or was this one of the most awful, ulgy and cheesy sets to ever hit the airwaves? All those chasing lights (There must have been thousands of them), and ugly brown colors everywhere...  The Show play was great. It was always great fun to watch lisa get a case of the giggles and not be able to finish the song..

Whatever became of Tommy Oliver?  GSN really needs to get this along with NMT....

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---Whatever became of Tommy Oliver? GSN really needs to get this along with NMT....
--- End quote ---

I expect there's music clearance issues...else, I wouldn't ming seeing it pop up on GSN, myself.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie  Baby\")

uncamark:
But considering that a \"Face the Music\" champion was one Rich Cronin, as long as he's running GSN, there's always hope...

Casey:
What killed me most about Face the Music:  The chasing lights almost never worked right.  Especially those behind the door that Ron walked out during his intro.    

Another weird thing I always wondered about.  Behind the band, the light panels were configured in such a way that only half of them chased (every other light).  The remaining lights all remained fully bright.  Even when they dimmed the lights and left them steady, these stayed the same.  Suddenly, midway through the second season, they changed them to be just like the lights behind the contestants.  I figured it was lighting for the band for when the studio lights were turned down, but that's just a theory.

Thirdly, early in the second season, the band recorded the theme music, and the music used after game 1 and game 2 on tape.  But at the end of the show, the band was shown playing, while the recorded theme music was heard on the air... What was up with that? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version