Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Double Dare 2003?  (Read 6028 times)

BrandonFG

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
Most of my family didn't watch Nickelodeon at the time, and what we did watch never included Slime Time Live, so it was easy for Phil (who I think pronounced it "Dah-mer", but that's beside the point) to spread the BS.
I think you're missing the point. Whether you or your family watched Nickelodeon is irrelevant. Fact is, Jeffrey Dahmer is one of the most notorious psychopaths of the last 25 years. I dunno if your brother was joking, BS'g, or mispronouncing (my money's on option b), Jeffrey's name should still be close enough to where you gotta say, "No way, dude..."

Nevermind the fact that Dahmer was killed a good 5 or 6 years before Slime Time Live even premiered, no network exec in his or her right mind is going to let a guy with a name remotely close to Jeffrey Dahmer host a TV show. They'd requ...no, DEMAND he change it to Jeff Danner or something.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:57:10 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
See what you find.

Shoulda told him to...

<sunglasses>

...chew on it.

/YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Two questions for Dan:

1) why didn't you do the research first?

2) How many more Free Spins are we supposed to give you?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
2) How many more Free Spins are we supposed to give you?

Hey, if you were still giving him seventh and eighth chances at this point, that's on you. :)

aaron sica

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
See what you find.

Shoulda told him to...

<sunglasses>

...chew on it.

/YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Two in one thread!! Well played, sir. :)

Stevek83

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:32 AM »
Copy and paste this name you keep throwing around into Google. See what you find.
...oh, crap.

Yeah, Phil was filled to the brim with BS.

I learned something today. I wish I hadn't, but there you are.

Google is your friend :-)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 03:55:17 AM »
Dan, in all seriousness, how could you not have heard about Jeffrey Dahmer until today? Did you not watch the news when you were little? Have you ever heard of a sociology class? Are you blind? Is there something that prevents you from hearing about these things?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TheLastResort

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »
David Berkowitz and Tim McVeigh both tried out for Finders Keepers.  Just sayin'.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
Dan, in all seriousness, how could you not have heard about Jeffrey Dahmer until today? Did you not watch the news when you were little? Have you ever heard of a sociology class?
I was discussing this point with Steve Gavazzi yesterday: given the time period of J. D.'s crime spree, if Dan's young enough it is possible that he would not have heard about them at all. Given that Dahmer met his reward in 1994, it is entirely possible. That doesn't excuse the lack of google-fu on his part, but there y'are.

Are you blind?
I'm missing the part of the brain that connects the two hemispheres, and I'm a functioning member of society. What's his excuse?

/also, Eddie Timanus says "what up?"
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
Dan, in all seriousness, how could you not have heard about Jeffrey Dahmer until today? Did you not watch the news when you were little? Have you ever heard of a sociology class?
I was discussing this point with Steve Gavazzi yesterday: given the time period of J. D.'s crime spree, if Dan's young enough it is possible that he would not have heard about them at all. Given that Dahmer met his reward in 1994, it is entirely possible.
You and/or Steve would be correct -- I was 3 when Dahmer went to trial in 1992, and 6 when he met his reward (I like that term :) in '94. I was going to school during that time, as well.

That aside, I've heard of sociology classes but never attended one (long story).

That doesn't excuse the lack of google-fu on his part, but there y'are.
Admittedly, it doesn't. (And I love "google-fu". :)

Are you blind?
Since you asked in seriousness, I'll respond in turn -- no, I'm not blind nor am I "legally blind" (20/200, that sort of thing). I'm also not deaf or mute in any way, I have all my body parts intact, I have no continuous pains, and I have all my teeth in my mouth.

So in all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with me physically.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
Are you blind?
Actually, from what I remember, when the right allergies trigger, yeah, he is.

As Travis said, though, utterly irrelevant to the issue at hand. Think whatever you want about Dan (lord knows I do), but that's gotta suck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:46:27 PM by clemon79 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
Dan: can you see after the allergy bout is finished? How long is the blindness during?
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

Double Dare 2003?
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »
Dan: can you see after the allergy bout is finished? How long is the blindness during?

And are there latex balloons involved?