Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC (mostly) vacates Burbank facilities  (Read 2756 times)

geno57

NBC (mostly) vacates Burbank facilities
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »

Randy West reports, via Facebook, that they\'ve now removed the Peacock logo and the NBC signage.  They\'re getting all settled in, over at the Universal lot.  I believe Leno is the only show still being taped on Alameda Avenue.

snowpeck

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
Randy West reports, via Facebook, that they\'ve now removed the Peacock logo and the NBC signage.  They\'re getting all settled in, over at the Universal lot.  I believe Leno is the only show still being taped on Alameda Avenue.

Shame.  When did Days of our Lives move? 

My boss formerly worked at KNBC and still likes to tell the story of when he and a few co-workers sneaked into Leno\'s office on New Year\'s Eve and sat in his chair.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »

In an odd coincidence, last week Randy posted a blurb about naming rights for Graumann\'s Theater, a place I took a picture of on my trip to LA 5 years ago. Today, he posted a pic of the empty NBC signage...which I also took a pic of 5 years ago.

/Cool story bro?

But, I\'m sorry to see such an historic facility more or less go bye-bye. Makes me wish I had taken a tour and seen a few shows when I was out there...

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:44:14 AM »

Shame.  When did Days of our Lives move? 

As far as Wiki says, they\'re still there. Take with grains of salt of course.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:37:34 AM »
The FIRST time I was in that facility was when I played Sale of the Century.  My FAVORITE visit was about two decades later, when. Randy gave me a guided tour and I had lunch with David Ruprecht.  Nice memories all.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »

In addition to Leno, I believe Access Hollywood and DOOL are still on that lot. AH occupies Carson\'s studio one and DOOL occupies studios two and four. All of those studios hosted game shows back in the day.

My boss formerly worked at KNBC and still likes to tell the story of when he and a few co-workers sneaked into Leno\'s office on New Year\'s Eve and sat in his chair.

Office chair? Pffft! When we taped in studio 3 on the weekends we used to go into studio 1 next door and read Carson\'s Friday-night monologue off his cue cards. They put tarps and \"keep off\" signs on the furniture on the set so we didn\'t sit on the furniture.

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »

Ah, the memories of when Laugh-In was from \"Beautiful Downtown Burbank\"...

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

narzo