Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Feud' lottery tickets  (Read 11068 times)

LetsGoYankees

'Feud' lottery tickets
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
Noticing on TV in semi-constant commercials that Family Feud now has their own line of lottery tickets. Not sure what distributor they\'re from though.

The commercial has a man in an office talking to his boss, wanting a raise. The boss asks the survey if he (the employee) deserves a raise.

The survey buzzes \"X\"

Lastly, the man asks for Tuesdays off. The survey goes DING! DING! DING!
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

nowhammies10

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »

The Michigan State Lottery shows up first on the list when Googling \"family feud lottery tickets\".  Seems in line with the other Fremantle-licensed scratchers: match YOUR NUMBERS with the SURVEY NUMBERS to win associated prize.  Yawn.

/should that be Michigan $tate Lottery? 

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »
The Michigan State Lottery shows up first on the list when Googling \"family feud lottery tickets\".  Seems in line with the other Fremantle-licensed scratchers: match YOUR NUMBERS with the SURVEY NUMBERS to win associated prize.  Yawn.

/should that be Michigan $tate Lottery? 

How exactly would you propose they do it otherwise? As far as I know, with relatively few exceptions, there\'s some sort of matching element involved.

(Some Wheel scratchoffs I\'ve seen are actually played in a manner similar to the show- or for that matter, crossword scratchers.)

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WilliamPorygon

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:58:57 AM »
How exactly would you propose they do it otherwise? As far as I know, with relatively few exceptions, there\'s some sort of matching element involved.

\"Match three of the same host and win the prize indicated on the chart.  Prizes range from Dawson ($25K) to Anderson ($2).\"

There have been some lottery tickets that actually have gameplay based on the associated show, but most state lotteries are run by people who know that your average lottery player isn\'t intelligent enough to handle a game that\'s very complicated.

TimK2003

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »
\"Match three of the same host and win the prize indicated on the chart.  Prizes range from Dawson ($25K) to Anderson ($2).\"

And of course, if you match any 2 hosts and also uncover a Richard Karn, you get TRIPLE THE PRIZE DOLLARS!!!

/That door was too wide open not to go through. ;-)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »

See, I was gonna go with \"and if you get three Richard Karns, you owe the Lottery another $5.\"

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

golden-road

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »

My lottery went further, at the state fair one year, they had people who bought tickets fill in entries to play a version of the game on stage, with questions from the show.

Steve Gavazzi

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
but most state lotteries are run by people who know that your average lottery player isn\'t intelligent enough to handle a game that\'s very complicated.

Holy crap, is that real?

Do they have one based on Hit the Buzzer, Win a Cookie?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:03:55 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

TimK2003

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
but most state lotteries are run by people who know that your average lottery player isn\'t intelligent enough to handle a game that\'s very complicated.

The Ohio Lottery had a similar concept for one of their scratch-offs back in the 90s.  The name of the scratch off game wasn\'t as obvious as the aforementioned one, although \"You MIGHT Win Your Dollar Back\" would be an interesting name for a new low IQ instant game, along with \"Scratch This!!!\".

JMFabiano

'Feud' lottery tickets
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »

See, I was gonna go with \"and if you get three Richard Karns, you owe the Lottery another $5.\"

And if you get 3 Ricki Lakes, you get a wooden nickel. 

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.