Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joe Garagiola retires from broadcasting  (Read 4740 times)

brianhenke

Joe Garagiola retires from broadcasting
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »

After over half a century, Joe Garagiola, the host of He Said, She Said, Joe Garagiola\'s Memory Game, Sale of the Century, To Tell the Truth (77-78) and Strike It Rich (1980s), has retired from broadcasting. His last assignment was for the Arizona Diamondbacks:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130220&content_id=41836584&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

jage

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:08:14 AM »

I\'m hard-pressed to think of many people who hosted a game show as early as He Said, She Said that are still actively on TV. Eubanks is doing bingo, but don\'t believe much else.

geno57

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »

Always a class act.  I loved watching him, whatever he was doing.

That Don Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »

There\'s an episode of Father of the Pride he was on (in some sort of flashback), where he\'s credited as \"Joe Garagiola, Sr.\" (and the fact that \"Sr.\" is smaller is not a mistake),

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:06:52 PM »

My sentiments exactly Geno.  Having he and Vin Scully in my \"living room\" announcing Games of the Week and post-season games on NBC make them seem like family or neighbors to me, even though I never met them, and most likely never shall.  I felt badly that Joe only got one season of hosting \"Truth\" as he took over for Garry Moore during the 1977-78 season.  Loved him on \"Strike it Rich\" too, very warm, outgoing, both classy and classic too.

Thanks for being a very happy part of my childhood and memories from my childhood Joe.  You\'re quite simply one of the best.  Godspeed.