Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should WoF/J! follow TPiR's lead?  (Read 9840 times)

BrandonFG

Should WoF/J! follow TPiR's lead?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
I know the J! eligibility rules say you can\'t have previously been on any version of the show hosted by Alex Trebek. So, I guess the NBC run, R&R and Jep! contestants are eligible.

Which is why I keep trying.

For whatever reason, I was under the impression that going on Wheel made you ineligible for J! and vice versa.  Granted, this is going on a recollection from nearly 9 years ago.

Mike provided examples, but at most, I\'d guess you may have to wait a year or so, like any other show. No different than contestants appearing on numerous Goodson-Todman shows back in the day.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chad1m

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »

I\'ve always found it interesting that, per each set of official rules, if you\'ve been on Wheel of Fortune with any host or even on Wheel 2000, you\'re disqualified but the only disqualification for Jeopardy! is the main program with Trebek. It does surprise me that they don\'t disqualify Jep! or Rock & Roll contestants when they eliminate the other big brand\'s offshoot(s).

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:25:23 PM by chad1m »

J.R.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
I\'ve always found it interesting that, per each set of official rules, if you\'ve been on Wheel of Fortune with any host or even on Wheel 2000

Man, that would stink for someone to lose their Wheel eligibility because they just had to win that limo rides for a week prize.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:34:05 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »
I\'ve always found it interesting that, per each set of official rules, if you\'ve been on Wheel of Fortune with any host or even on Wheel 2000, you\'re disqualified but the only disqualification for Jeopardy! is the main program with Trebek. It does surprise me that they don\'t disqualify Jep! or Rock & Roll contestants when they eliminate the other big brand\'s offshoot(s).

Could the contestant selection process have something to do with it? I imagine the Jeopardy test would have to be more difficult than the WoF test, and as such, would narrow the field enough by itself. Compound that with probably more people per year trying out for WoF than Jeopardy (though I\'m just guessing there), and it starts to make sense why WoF would be more restrictive.

SamJ93

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38:08 AM »
I\'m sure being a contestant on the \"version\" hosted by Todd Russell is still A-OK, though...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:47 AM »
I\'m sure being a contestant on the \"version\" hosted by Todd Russell is still A-OK, though...

I wonder if any of the contestants on Todd\'s version are still alive?

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.