Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Canada renewed for 2nd series  (Read 1709 times)

Kniwt

Match Game Canada renewed for 2nd series
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:35:44 AM »

Press release here:

http://bellmediapr.ca/comedy/releases/release.asp?id=16315&yyyy=2013

TORONTO (April 3, 2013) – This year, no blanks shall remain unfilled as The Comedy Network orders a second season of the retro-classic comedy game showMATCH GAME from FremantleMedia. Set to shoot for the first time in Toronto this summer, another 60 episodes of the half-hour comedy series have been ordered. Produced in association with Montreal’s Zone3, Season 2 of MATCH GAMEpremieres exclusively on Comedy this fall. Oshawa-born stand-up Darrin Rose is back for another round as host, and is again joined by wisecracking regular panellists Canadian comedy legend Seán Cullen, and beloved stand-up Debra DiGiovanni. 

catnap1972

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

Guess they\'re doing something right...already lasted longer than our last three versions of it.

Kniwt

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
Guess they\'re doing something right...already lasted longer than our last three versions of it.

Series 1 grew on me over time as the panels grew more accustomed to working with the format and with each other. It was clear that the last episodes of the series were pretty much the \"final\" episodes taped with each set of panelists, and (just like way back when) things were looser and a bit more fun.

There\'s still a bit of a tendency to find too many euphemistic ways to say \"hoo-hoo-dilly,\" \"boobies,\" or \"cha-cha\" for as many answers as possible, but that eventually was a bit of an issue 35 years ago, too. The audience matches sometimes have way too many good possible answers, but that\'s probably better than everyone always hitting the #1 answer every time because it\'s the only good answer.

I still don\'t like the lack of returning champs or the lack of straddling games, but hey, that\'s how things roll these days. The low-budget stakes don\'t matter to me all that much ... but I sure hope they do something to fix their super-klutzy Star Wheel.

Folr me, series 1 of MG12/13 grew from being \"oh, isn\'t this nice\" to \"hey, this is kinda fun, gotta find the new episodes on the youtubes.\" Still room for improvement in series 2.