Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Winner Take All" Airdate Help  (Read 1663 times)

gamed121683

"Winner Take All" Airdate Help
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »

A recent post about Winner Take All influenced me to write this. I have a DVD that contains 5 episodes worth of the Bill Cullen hosted show and these all reran on GSN sometime back. I\'m trying to figure out the airdates for each episode, but looking them up on the World Wide Web has left me nothing but tangled.

This link (http://twitpic.com/cixmyr) should show a line of screen grabs containing the 1st contestants on each of those five shows in question. I\'m quite sure that shows A & B are consecutive while D & E are both Thursday shows. In fact, episode \"E\" is hosted by Barry Gray. Got to love how the ladies on these shows are wearing their Sunday best for this newfangled shows, huh? I\'m not sure if any this information will any of you help answer my question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Eh, at least I gave it a shot.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:50:08 PM by gamed121683 »

snowpeck

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:31 PM »
A recent post about Winner Take All influenced me to write this. I have a DVD that contains 5 episodes worth of the Bill Cullen hosted show and these all reran on GSN sometime back. I\'m trying to figure out the airdates for each episode, but looking them up on the World Wide Web has left me nothing but tangled.

This picture below should show a line of screen grabs containing the 1st contestants on each of those five shows in question. I\'m quite sure that shows A & B are consecutive while D & E are both Thursday shows. In fact, episode \"E\" is hosted by Barry Gray. Got to love how the ladies on these shows are wearing their Sunday best for this newfangled shows, huh? I\'m not sure if any this information will any of you help answer my question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Eh, at least I gave it a shot.

Not seeing the pics you\'re referencing.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

gamed121683

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »

This picture below should show a line of screen grabs containing the 1st contestants on each of those five shows in question. I\'m quite sure that shows A & B are consecutive while D & E are both Thursday shows. In fact, episode \"E\" is hosted by Barry Gray. Got to love how the ladies on these shows are wearing their Sunday best for this newfangled shows, huh? I\'m not sure if any this information will any of you help answer my question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Eh, at least I gave it a shot.

Not seeing the pics you\'re referencing.

Yeah, I know, something went a bit screwy. This link should resolve the problem: http://twitpic.com/cixmyr

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
At least the copies I have were taped from GSN in September 2004.

Show E aired on April 5, 12, or 19, 1951. Game 2 is about recent news headlines, so I\'m sure someone with a bit more prowess could narrow that down further.

Shows A and B are in fact consecutive -- as Bill says on the former, it\'s the third day in the new timeslot. Those two are February 27-28, 1952.

Show C is March 5, 1952.

Show D is March or April 1952, as the set is a bit more elaborate/fancy. Not sure about anything more specific than that.

(First three 1952 airdates courtesy of Matt Ottinger.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:40:05 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

RMF

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »

Show E aired on April 5, 12, or 19, 1951. Game 2 is about recent news headlines, so I\'m sure someone with a bit more prowess could narrow that down further.

It\'s probably April 12th, which is held at the UCLA Film Archive.