Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A member of our studio audience will receive...  (Read 2921 times)

cmjb13

A member of our studio audience will receive...
« on: December 28, 2003, 10:05:56 AM »
Lovely luggage.

OK, so what determines who receives the luggage.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Skynet74

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 10:42:25 AM »
Usually a  ticket stub with a number on it that all studio audience members receive prior to the taping. Following the tapings the announcer usually draws a winning number from a bag. Whoever has the winning number then gets the "Lovely Luggage" or whatever the hell else they are giving away that day. The official term is a "Door Prize" and the same thing happens after your grandmothers Bingo Game.

John
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 10:46:00 AM by Skynet74 »

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 10:30:20 PM »
And for those who have won them - they drew my wife's numbered ticket when we went to see The Joker's Wild in 1979 - a rep of either the production company or the IRS is on hand to make sure the paperwork is handled and the feds are aware you won a prize. If it's expensive enough, it's taxable.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 01:48:42 PM »
Usually a ticket stub with a number on it that all studio audience members receive prior to the taping. Following the tapings the announcer usually draws a winning number from a bag. Whoever has the winning number then gets the "Lovely Luggage" or whatever the hell else they are giving away that day.

That's what happened to us when we saw "Battlestars" being taped in April, 1983.  To read all about the experience - including how we won the door prize -  click here:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...attlestars.html
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 06:22:54 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 10:30 PM\'] And for those who have won them - they drew my wife's numbered ticket when we went to see The Joker's Wild in 1979 - a rep of either the production company or the IRS is on hand to make sure the paperwork is handled and the feds are aware you won a prize. If it's expensive enough, it's taxable. [/quote]
 Congrats on you and her winning the MOrse Electrophonic Disco Jukebox :)

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 10:09:08 PM »
and I was really frustrated missing out on that lovely gift, Zach. They gave that away the week before we got there. Had to settle for a lovely silver tea service. Awfully hard to dance to ... :-)

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 12:38:02 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Dec 29 2003, 10:09 PM\']and I was really frustrated missing out on that lovely gift, Zach. They gave that away the week before we got there. Had to settle for a lovely silver tea service. Awfully hard to dance to ... :-)[/quote]
Was it from the Michael C. Fina Company or crummy old Landes Silver?

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 03:31:49 PM »
F.B. Rogers Silver Company. One of the better ones, aren't they? I'll check on the web later...