Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Feud" Tie Question  (Read 5559 times)

gamed121683

"Feud" Tie Question
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
Not sure if this question has ever been asked here before, but on \"Family Feud\" in the case of a tie in the survey, how do they decide which answer gets top billing? For example, on an episode of Dawson\'s Feud, their was a question about name a popular game show host. The answers for #\'s 2 & 3 were:

2. BILL CULLEN (10)

3. WINK MARTINDALE (10)

aaron sica

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »

Pretty sure it has to do with who rang in first...

gamed121683

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »

No, I\'m referring to those who compose the survey, not play the game. In a case where two answers get the same amount of votes (like in my Cullen/Martindale example), how do the survey people decide on which answer gets the higher position on the board? I want to say that they put the answers in alphabetical order, but I don\'t think that\'s always the case.

Jeremy Nelson

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »

I think he\'s asking why Bill Cullen would be put above Wink Martindale.

Alphabetical order, producer\'s choice, coin flip...honestly why does it matter?

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jimmy Owen

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:26 AM »
Not sure if this question has ever been asked here before, but on \"Family Feud\" in the case of a tie in the survey, how do they decide which answer gets top billing? For example, on an episode of Dawson\'s Feud, their was a question about name a popular game show host. The answers for #\'s 2 & 3 were:

2. BILL CULLEN (10)

3. WINK MARTINDALE (10)

Alphabetical.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Brian44

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

I think I see where Aaron is coming from. In this example, if the first player to ring in says Wink Martindale...then the other says Bill Cullen...even though Cullen is listed higher, the family of the player that said Martindale still gets control of the board...right?

dale_grass

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »

I think I see where Aaron is coming from. In this example, if the first player to ring in says Wink Martindale...then the other says Bill Cullen...even though Cullen is listed higher, the family of the player that said Martindale still gets control of the board...right?

No, that\'s happened before and whoever rang in first gets option/control. He\'s saying, in general, if two answers both have the same number of respondents, how does the production staff decide which one sits above the other on the board. It really doesn\'t matter and was probably arbitrary.

Jimmy Owen

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 12:55:56 PM »

Wink never hosted a G-T show.  Bill did.  Hence, Bill goes first.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jay Temple

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »

Most of the time at least, they did list it alphabetically.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Neumms

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »

Do they survey more than 100 people and use rounded-off percentages, calling it \"100 people\" just because the math term \"percent\" might confuse the rabble? I realize they wouldn\'t go to Gallup lengths for statistically accurate polling, but 100 is pretty flimsy. If audiences do the surveys, more than that are sitting there anyway. Was it the same for Card Sharks?

If so, one answer could indeed be more popular but they round off the same.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »
They survey 200 people and draw answers until they get 100 for the survey results, throwing out answers for various reasons.
Travis L. Eberle

WhammyPower

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
throwing out answers for various reasons.

Uh huh...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:06 PM »
Beg pardon?
Travis L. Eberle

That Don Guy

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
throwing out answers for various reasons.

Uh huh...

I assume an answer that would be thrown out would be along the lines of:

\"Name a man\'s first name that begins with the letter \'R\' \"

\"R-thur\"

Then again, when the question was, \"Name something you would find at the North Pole,\" they kept all the answers of \"penguins.\"

Ian Wallis

"Feud" Tie Question
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
They survey 200 people and draw answers until they get 100 for the survey results, throwing out answers for various reasons.

Somewhere on the internets (may have even been here) there was a detailed explanation of why they surveyed 200 people.  I think it was something like they wanted to have a certain percentage of representation from each geographic area, plus they\'d have some unusable answers if they just surveryed 100.

I can\'t remember the exact details - but did they look at all 200 and \"average\" out the percentages, or did they just keep going until they had 100 they could use and not look at the rest?  Anyone have any additional info?

For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!