Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: America's Got Talent: Contestant busted for stealing comedy bit  (Read 9088 times)

dazztardly

During last night\'s taping...Contestant Greg Wilson, was busted by Howie Mandel for stealing a comedy bit within his act. Who did Greg rip off? None other than the show\'s warm-up man, Frank Nicotero. Needless to say, Greg Wilson was disqualified.

It is currently unknown if the contestant or the incident will be aired.

http://www.slashfilm.com/howie-mandel-catches-comedian-stealing-another-comics-material-during-americas-got-talent-taping/

-Dan

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:22:56 PM by dazztardly »

Jimmy Owen

America's Got Talent: Contestant busted for stealing comedy bit
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

Who knew Nicotero was a hot-head?

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

NickS

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »

C\'mon, Jimmy - guy has the balls to steal your shtick in front of a live audience and possibly millions and you\'d keep calm?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
Well fed, Nick.
Travis L. Eberle

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »

My understanding is it will not be aired.

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »

The part in the original post about the (alleged) altercation between the warm-up guy and the contestant has been since edited..

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

dazztardly

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
The part in the original post about the (alleged) altercation between the warm-up guy and the contestant has been since edited..

Yes it was. I took it out, because that part was not reflected in the news article link. Nothing happened regarding an altercation. Security got between Frank and Greg before anything happened, and kept them apart until Greg left the building.

Jumpondees

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
What\'s the odds that NBC will air it if they need a ratings boost.  

\"Next time on \'America\'s Got Talent\', a contestant does something so unthinkable that it brings the auditions to ... a ... breaking point. <Black screen with brief audio snippet of altercation>\"

dale_grass

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
What\'s the odds that NBC will air it if they need a ratings boost.

\"Next time on \'America\'s Got Talent\', a contestant does something so unthinkable that it brings the auditions to ... a ... breaking point. <Black screen with brief audio snippet of altercation>\"

What do you mean, if they need a ratings boost? ;)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »

Wow...it is WEIRD what can happen 25 feet away from you without you knowing about it.

Seriously, I was physically there and didn\'t catch any of this. I miss all the good stuff.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »

I\'ve always liked Frank Nicotero. Speaking of which, what\'s a brother got to do to get some Street Smarts reruns on GSN?

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »
Set your DeLorean to about 2008, I think?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »

Earlier than that, I\'d say. Last time I remember it being on GSN was 2006 or so.

As for the incident...America\'s Got Talent seems to take itself too seriously IMO, and loves \"dramatic\" moments like that. I wouldn\'t be surprised if it did make its way into the show for \"ratings\".

/I really hate the game/reality/competition genre sometimes

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »
As for the incident...America\'s Got Talent seems to take itself too seriously IMO, and loves \"dramatic\" moments like that. I wouldn\'t be surprised if it did make its way into the show for \"ratings\".

During the audition phase, it\'s often much less serious.  Also, I\'m still of the impression that AGT still sits atop summer ratings, so the urgency for eyeballs is less than your typical NBC show.

/May not be saying much, but...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:48:41 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »

Nice to know that Frank is working, since that Game of Life on The Hub network didn\'t last too long. So a contestant takes a bit from the guy who does the warm-up for the show and he thinks he\'s not going to get caught. Boy oh boy.