Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 40th Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced  (Read 3373 times)

chad1m

40th Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »

The nominations for the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards have been announced. In the two categories of most concern for the relevance of this board, the nominees are...

Outstanding Game Show
Cash Cab
Family Feud
Jeopardy!
Let\'s Make a Deal
The Price Is Right
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

Outstanding Game Show Host

Alex Trebek for Jeopardy!

Ben Bailey for Cash Cab

Billy Eichner for Funny Or Die\'s Billy on the Street

Steve Harvey for Family Feud

Wayne Brady for Let\'s Make a Deal

(Jeopardy! is also competing in Outstanding Achievement in Main Title and Graphic Design against Daystar Kids, NFL Rush Zone, Sesame Street and Today. Steve Harvey also picked up a nomination for Outstanding Talk Show host against Anderson Cooper, Ricki Lake, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Rachel Ray.)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:22:04 AM by chad1m »

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »

So I see Fremantle has finally decided to put their shows and hosts into the mix. Interesting that Wheel and Sajak aren\'t on the list though...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:21:36 AM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »

Cash Cab is still on?

Congrats to Steve Harvey, Family Feud and Billy Eichner on their nominations. Especially Billy Eichner. That\'s quite the unique show.

Give me Jeopardy! and Wayne Brady as my personal picks, Jeopardy! and Ben Bailey as the winners.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:23:19 AM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »

Getting even further down the list, The Price Is Right is nominated in the category of OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN TECHNICAL DIRECTION/ELECTRONIC CAMERA/VIDEO CONTROL along with the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, Sesame Street and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

MUCH more importantly, as has been mentioned on these pages earlier, Monty Hall and Bob Stewart will be recognized with Lifetime Achievement Awards.

/There are three different categories for \"Original Song\", one for dramatic series, one for animation and a third that\'s just called \"Original Song\" which has two nominees from talk shows.  That seems a little excessive for what is essentially the same skill.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:23:09 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Winkfan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
Cash Cab is still on?

Congrats to Steve Harvey, Family Feud and Billy Eichner on their nominations. Especially Billy Eichner. That's quite the unique show.

Give me Jeopardy! and Wayne Brady as my personal picks, Jeopardy! and Ben Bailey as the winners.

CC will probably be the "sentimental fave" in both categories, seeing how it stopped production last season.

I, myself, hoped to see Jeff Foxworthy and Mike Richards get recognized for their hosting gigs; and even Todd Newton make it back-to-back wins. Well, we can't have everything.....

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. My money is on Wayne Brady this year.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:19:49 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)