Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Kid's Rule Episode on April 18  (Read 10050 times)

BrandonFG

TPIR Kid's Rule Episode on April 18
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
I was thinking they pre-empted the kid\'s show because it offered a trip to Boston or Texas... guess not.

That\'s very possible, but my money\'s more on it being a new episode, esp. one with a special theme. My guess is, had it been a general episode, without no trips to either location, it would\'ve simply been rescheduled sans the crawl.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

That Don Guy

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
I was thinking they pre-empted the kid\'s show because it offered a trip to Boston or Texas... guess not.

That\'s very possible, but my money\'s more on it being a new episode, esp. one with a special theme. My guess is, had it been a general episode, without no trips to either location, it would\'ve simply been rescheduled sans the crawl.

I agree - my online TV listing mentioned that it would be the kids episode, which would explain the crawl with the new airdate.  (Even if there had been a trip to Boston included, I don\'t think that would have warranted a special crawl, since very few people would have been expecting that particular episode.)

tvmitch

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 07:04:34 AM »

Could also have something to do with sweeps, very possibly. Seems odd that a neat special episode like that would be run just outside of the beginning of the sweeps window.

You should follow me on Twitter

jage

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47:12 AM »
Could also have something to do with sweeps, very possibly. Seems odd that a neat special episode like that would be run just outside of the beginning of the sweeps window.

Doubt it. If they intended it for sweeps, they would have scheduled it there in the first place instead of hyping it up with PR and the TV guide listing. Cool that TPIR spreads out their special eps though and doesn\'t overload them on the sweeps months.

BillCullen1

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »

So this episode finally aired. I thought it moved pretty smoothly. The kids didn\'t come off as brats and there were some fun moments.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »
The kids didn\'t come off as brats

With the notable exception of the one girl chanting, \"Go over! Go over! Go over!\" while somebody else was spinning the Big Wheel.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 02:16:17 AM »
As rude as that was (your mileage and all), she was just saying what everybody who stands under the readout is thinking.

I thought it was fair-to-middling, but if I was the production company I wouldn\'t trip over myself to do it again.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 02:32:20 PM »
As rude as that was (your mileage and all), she was just saying what everybody who stands under the readout is thinking.

Probably along the same lines as the opposing team making Xs with their arms on Family Feud. Not terribly sportsmanlike, but not without precedent.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »
Probably along the same lines as the opposing team making Xs with their arms on Family Feud. Not terribly sportsmanlike, but not without precedent.
I was playing Quarriors last night (if you took the deck-building of Dominion and added fistfuls of peewee dice, that\'s Quarriors) and every chance I got I would \"put the whammy\" on the guy in the leader. It was all a gag so we had a good laugh. The intent is certainly different than hearing \"Bad answer! Bad answer!\" from the Jones family or your kid pleading \"go over!\".

You found the perfect balance: not sporting, but certainly there\'s precedent. You may collect your 100 Eberle escudos at any open window.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 01:36:22 AM »
I thought it was fair-to-middling, but if I was the production company I wouldn\'t trip over myself to do it again.

I kinda chuckled when, during Easy As 1-2-3, the kids were heard arguing who was going to get the HDTV in their respective bedroom.  This was before they actually won it.