Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Guide's 60 Greatest TV Themes Of All Time  (Read 16318 times)

Jimmy Owen

TV Guide's 60 Greatest TV Themes Of All Time
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »
How they could omit \"The Love Experts\" (aka \"Spring Rain\") is beyond me. :) - that\'s a smiley for the overly serious.  The song is cool, tho.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TimK2003

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »

How \"Married With Children\" on the then-newbie FOX network managed to grab a Frank Sinatra tune for it\'s theme song (\"Love & Marriage\"), without giving credit to Frank in the closing credits until near the end of the run (however the composer always got credited) has to be one of the bigger mysteries in TV theme music history.

Too bad the theme was replaced in the home video/DVD circuit.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:24:15 PM by TimK2003 »

davemackey

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »
How \"Married With Children\" on the then-newbie FOX network managed to grab a Frank Sinatra tune for it\'s theme song (\"Love & Marriage\"), without giving credit to Frank in the closing credits until near the end of the run (however the composer always got credited) has to be one of the bigger mysteries in TV theme music history.

Too bad the theme was replaced in the home video/DVD circuit.

Composer(S), being Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn. If you had to be told it was Sinatra, you have no soul.

TimK2003

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »

What I believe to be the DEFINITIVE list of the top 20+ TV themes has now been released.  I say definitive because nearly 18,000 votes were cast, according to Kent Kotal\'s Forgotten Hits website.

Check out the top 20, hear the tunes and see what came close but missed here: http://forgottenhits60s.blogspot.com/, and start at the 5/9 blog.

/The #1 song won in a landslide, and the original Match Game theme (Swingin\' Safari) was the only game show theme that garnered enough votes for a mention.