Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Charity Week  (Read 2011 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Millionaire Charity Week
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
This last week Millionaire had a bonus wherein any contestant who made it to round two would not only be entitled to their bank as normal, but $10,000 would be donated to Children\'s Miracle Network. As fond as I am of Children\'s Hospital I didn\'t care for this. Including a barely watchable celebrity game on Friday, over $91,000 was raised for charity.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Charity Week
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »
What was wrong with it? Seems fairly unobtrusive.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Millionaire Charity Week
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »
There was at least one contestant who voiced concern about making it to round two to get the charity donation, to the detriment of her own game. If somebody wins $30,000, but doesn\'t get that extra donation the game ends on a down note because the audience, contestant and host are disappointed. I dislike the idea that the contestant should put his or her strategy second to an outside force that is not present other weeks.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:36:39 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Charity Week
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:40:07 AM »
I dislike the idea that the contestant should put his or her strategy second to an outside force that is not present other weeks.

But that\'s their choice. Heaven forfend a contestant should choose to be selfless in the name of charity

/worked the local CMN Telethon for a few years

//*really* good people

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe