Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR's Joker looks like a Joke!  (Read 4201 times)

Robert Hutchinson

TPIR's Joker looks like a Joke!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2003, 04:25:43 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 29 2003, 01:02 AM\']Well, even though it hasn't been done yet, I still think it'd be stupid to see a 5PT player lose after 4 choices![/quote]
I'm sure an esteemed colleague or two can provide a date, but I'd bet a shiny quarter that it's happened more than once.

Can't stand Joker; am irritated by Secret X; find Shell Game enjoyable enough. Heck, while we're using Shell Game as a crappy-game replacement, let's have it replace Bonus Game, which I can't watch without thinking, "Hey, everyone, here's the Shell Game drained of all its life--and with no $500 bonus!"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Card Shark

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2003, 09:37:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 11:30 AM\'] About once a year I will actually give thought to the worst Price is Right pricing Game. "Joker" is the worst piece of garbage the show has ever had. It's Way to cheezy of a game to even be included on the show. It doesn't even meet the high standards of the show.
 [/quote]
 So, are you trying to tell us you don't like the game? (sarcasm what?) I don't quite care for it either. I am under the impression that the only reason they keep it around is because it's an easy game and you can only play Switch? or Double Prices for a quick game only so many times in a given week. Just a thought.
Adam Strom

HSquares2003

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2003, 10:17:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Dec 29 2003, 09:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 11:30 AM\'] About once a year I will actually give thought to the worst Price is Right pricing Game. "Joker" is the worst piece of garbage the show has ever had. It's Way to cheezy of a game to even be included on the show. It doesn't even meet the high standards of the show.
 [/quote]
So, are you trying to tell us you don't like the game? (sarcasm what?) I don't quite care for it either. I am under the impression that the only reason they keep it around is because it's an easy game and you can only play Switch? or Double Prices for a quick game only so many times in a given week. Just a thought. [/quote]
 Maybe they can bump up On the Spot, Time is Money, etc. a bit more then?

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2003, 11:47:41 AM »
I thought we had more or less decided that Joker nowadays is basically used as a substitute when a small prize game board is on the fritz, since it and Shell Game are the only small prize/prize package games that don't have mechanical or electric/electronic boards or props.