Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR game proposal- "The Price May Vary."  (Read 6849 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
TPIR game proposal- "The Price May Vary."
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »

So when Bob would announce that the actual retail price of the frenulator was however much, was he making up host language?

The actual manufacturer\'s suggested retail price, as opposed to the contestant\'s guess of the manufacturer\'s suggested retail price.

I KNEW I overpaid for my frenulator.

Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »

I KNEW I overpaid for my frenulator.

Not me. When I walked in the door I remembered the ads on TV, stamped my foot down, and cried out \"I\'m not gonna pay a lot for a frenulator!\" As such the salespeople knew I was a man to be reckoned with, and provided me with a top-quality frenulator at a competitive price.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
It\'s true; the first thing I did when I went to visit The All-New Chez Fred was to check out the frenulator. It is as impressive to see in person as it is to hear about online.

What would go into the difference between MSRP and ARP besides profit and cost of shipping/doing business?
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »

What would go into the difference between MSRP and ARP besides profit and cost of shipping/doing business?

GREED, CAPITALISM AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THE ECONOMY.

Or, I suppose just trying to account for loss leaders, cost of living in an area, etc?

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »

cost of living in an area, etc?

Largely this, I suspect. My mom marvels when I tell her I get a gallon of milk for under three bucks here, which mostly points out how insanely friggin\' expensive it is to live in Monterey, since Pugetopia isn\'t exactly the cheapest place to live either.

Like anything, a business is going to charge what they can get for an item.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:37 AM »

cost of living in an area, etc?

Largely this, I suspect. My mom marvels when I tell her I get a gallon of milk for under three bucks here, which mostly points out how insanely friggin\' expensive it is to live in Monterey, since Pugetopia isn\'t exactly the cheapest place to live either.

Like anything, a business is going to charge what they can get for an item.

Keep also in mind it pays to know where to go.

F\'rinstance: I live within walking distance of three grocery stores: two local chains and an Aldi. I go to the one chain I pay 3.29, the other 3.39. The Aldi, two-something.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »

Keep also in mind it pays to know where to go.

Of course it does. (Hence my comment above about QFC.) My point is that Mom can\'t get a gallon of milk in Monterey under four bones no matter *where* she goes to get it.

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 07:14:01 PM »

This brings up what strikes me as a small problem--when the producers buy small merchandise items at, say, target.com, which they have said they do. The price at target.com would be much less than MSRP. Does anyone know, do they dig up the MSRP of, say, the Hello Kitty cotton candy maker, or do they use the target.com price?