Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What game shows teped in Florida?  (Read 7595 times)

cmjb13

What game shows teped in Florida?
« on: December 24, 2003, 11:35:37 AM »
Were there any besides the recent version of Beat the Clock and most of the Nickelodeon shows?

I understand why they taped there, but it never seemed to work (mostly so they could get an audience full of good looking tourists that were dying to come out of the hot weather for a while).

As if seeing good looking audience members would make people tune in.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 11:43:29 AM »
Didn't THE HONEYMOON RACE tape in Miami?  After all, the Miami Beach audiences are the greatest audiences in the world.  I'm sure there were others.

Of course, you could also conceivably count SABADO GIGANTE (there's enough game elements there).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 11:43:32 AM »
Were there any besides the recent version of Beat the Clock and most of the Nickelodeon shows?

Treasure Isle taped at the Collonade Hotel in Palm Beach, and Peter Marshall's 1998 fiasco Reel to Reel taped at Universal in Orlando.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

TPIRkid79

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 12:27:03 PM »
Let's Make a Deal '90 was taped at the Disney MGM Studios in Orlando, FL. There was also a Florida Lottery show called Flamingo Fortune.

catkins522

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 12:28:55 PM »
Plus, a few FL episodes or Supermarket Sweep '6x...

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

HSquares2003

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 12:34:18 PM »
Don't forget WLOD that just aired this past weekend and WOF has been in FLA a few times.

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 12:49:48 PM »
I actually meant taped only in Florida, but I appreciate these answers.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TPIRkid79

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 01:20:48 PM »
How about The Reel-to-Reel Picture Show? That was taped at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL!

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 01:47:26 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 12:49 PM\'] I actually meant taped only in Florida, but I appreciate these answers. [/quote]
 That's My Dog! fits this category.  The first season taped at Universal Studios, then when Wil Shriner joined, production moved to the Disney-MGM lot.

GSWitch

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 02:05:19 PM »
The Disney Channel had these from the Disney MGM Studios in Orlando.

COLLEGE BOWL '87:  Dick Cavett hosted with Jim McKrell announcing!

TEEN WIN, LOSE OR DRAW:  Marc Price hosted the junior version of the NBC/syndicated series where there were two teams of one celeb & two kids of each gender.

LA the DJ

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 02:13:52 PM »
Let's not forget Davidson Squares' yearly trip to Hollywood, FL.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 02:21:32 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 02:13 PM\'] Let's not forget Davidson Squares' yearly trip to Hollywood, FL. [/quote]
 Waterskis get the square ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

DJDustman

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 05:09:59 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 02:13 PM\'] Let's not forget Davidson Squares' yearly trip to Hollywood, FL. [/quote]
 I lived a block from where the taped the Hollywood Squares!  It was at Hollywood Beach, Florida.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 05:46:23 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 11:35 AM\'] Were there any besides the recent version of Beat the Clock and most of the Nickelodeon shows?
 [/quote]
 I consider Ameican Gladiators a game show, and they taped in Universal Studios Florida (and I really could give a flip if someone wants to argue otherwise).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 07:37:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 03:46 PM\'] I consider Ameican Gladiators a game show, and they taped in Universal Studios Florida (and I really could give a flip if someone wants to argue otherwise). [/quote]
 I thought they taped at Universal Studios in Hollywood. I know the dinner theater show is/was done out of Florida, but did they actually do a season of the TV show from there?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe