Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meredith Viera to host talk show in fall '14  (Read 3706 times)

Jimmy Owen

Meredith Viera to host talk show in fall '14
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:29:10 AM »

http://www.broadcastingcable.com\'>www.broadcastingcable.com reporting Meredith Viera will host a new talk show for fall 2014. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:47:48 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »
I thought Meredith was famous enough that people knew how to spell her last name, given her years in journalism and hosting a quiz show of some renown. Guess not.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

I thought Meredith was famous enough that people knew how to spell her last name, given her years in journalism and hosting a quiz show of some renown. Guess not.

Is that the biggest complaint, not that yet again the OP took us to the doorstep of the article and not to the actual page itself?  The last name isn\'t really that easy, with the 3 consecutive vowels near the middle.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »
For one, Brandon already covered the \"doorstep\" issue, for two; if you\'re linking to a thing then you should have read or watched whatever the thing was. Given the topic the OP should remember how to spell the relevant name.

All the same I\'m glad to see I\'m not the only one perturbed.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »

Not to worry, I gritted my teeth when finding the link. This is getting old now.

I can\'t spell Meredith\'s name to save my life either. Granted, Googling remedies that, but it\'s definitely a tricky one.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 12:53:34 PM »

For one, Brandon already covered the \"doorstep\" issue, for two; if you\'re linking to a thing then you should have read or watched whatever the thing was. Given the topic the OP should remember how to spell the relevant name.

I didn\'t think the doorstep issue was covered by Brandon.  I thought it was just Brandon doing the courtesy of linking to the article, which is greatly appreciated.

But your last sentence is absolutely fact, and I\'m sure we\'re not the only ones.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »

I didn\'t think the doorstep issue was covered by Brandon.  I thought it was just Brandon doing the courtesy of linking to the article, which is greatly appreciated.

But your last sentence is absolutely fact, and I\'m sure we\'re not the only ones.

A little of column A, a little of column B. ;-)

I posted a mini rant in Behind the Scenes.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
Not only that, he linked to a website that\'s not available because broadcastingcable.com doesn\'t have the word \"and\" in it.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »

He also spelled it \"broacasting\", minus a \"d\".

And just like my mini-rant states, the Vieira article has already been pushed further down the main page. Way further...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

My apologies for my errors.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:21:10 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.