Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unfortunate tweet from TVPMM  (Read 6544 times)

Adam Nedeff

Unfortunate tweet from TVPMM
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »

Dammit, they even lost the tape of episode #37, the famous episode where Bob finishes explaining the rules.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Well, not to diminish the loss, but would we have been able to watch them even if the flood had never occurred?

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »

Jimmy, were the Dream House tapes victims of the same flood as some of Warner Bros.\' film materials in 1994? I thought I remember reading on Home Theater Forum, that some of their film material was damaged in a 1994 flood. In fact, I also thought Warner used to own the Dream House tapes.

I\'m pretty sure it was a Don Reid Production in association with Group W.  W = Westinghouse Broadcasting which merged into CBS.  Thus, it would be in the hands of Paramount, if existed today.  Paramount has so much stuff that the loss is virtually insignificant.  If, as Wikipedia says, Lorimar was also involved in 1984, it\'s possible Warner would have that year as, they were the successor to Lorimar.

If the former is true, that means if we ever saw it again, it would be minus any music they had to pay a cent for for, and the end credit logos would be covered by the CBS Television Distribution logo.  (you do know of CBS\' treatment of its classic shows on DVD and etc., correct?) 

I always remembered the Reid and Lorimar credits, not a Group W.  As it was NBC, and GW was mostly know for syndication, would that be possible?  (Then again, Couch Potatoes was primarily seen on NBC and had the Saban and GW logos)

Somewhere out in tape trading land, there is a mega-mix of literally HOURS of \"Golden Doors\" segments on the circuit, FWIW.

I remember that, but never got it.  With all the things from the trading circuit showing up on YouTube, I am surprised no one\'s ever tried to post it, in parts or otherwise. 

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »

Dammit, they even lost the tape of episode #37, the famous episode where Bob finishes explaining the rules.

Paging Chris Lambert.....

catnap1972

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »

With all the things from the trading circuit showing up on YouTube, I am surprised no one\'s ever tried to post it, in parts or otherwise. 

One of said owners of said tape would have to find it first....

JMFabiano

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »

Paging Chris Lambert.....

Unfortunately, the loss CANNOT be changed.

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.